288 reasons to hate the U.S. ultra rich

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tydas

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2000
There would not be so much hate against the rich if there were more opportunities for better paying jobs which there are not because the multinationals corp owned and operated by the rich are sending jobs overseas...and we cannot compete against $2 per day wages with no worker safety and such...

Unfortunately, the rich are being short sighted because the society in which they live is coming under increased pressure and eventually something is gonna give...

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
# 1, they earned it.
Which disgusts professional academics and anyone else afraid to compete in the world.

Not all of them earned it (I can't say I have any great love for people who inherit a ton of money or people who make millions at a place like Goldman Sachs) but the majority of American millionaires are actually small business people who worked their way to the top. People like that deserve to be admired and emulated.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
There would not be so much hate against the rich if there were more opportunities for better paying jobs which there are not because the multinationals corp owned and operated by the rich are sending jobs overseas...and we cannot compete against $2 per day wages with no worker safety and such...

Unfortunately, the rich are being short sighted because the society in which they live is coming under increased pressure and eventually something is gonna give...

LOL. You want $10/hr minimum wage for drop-outs, and you blame coporations for sending their operations over-seas?

Typical liberal faux-surprise when the exact things that you are warned about when inflating wages happen. Just like the rich leaving France due to high taxes, everyone knew it would happen.

The people who don't have good paying jobs are the same ones who flock to Wal-mart to fork over their government cheese to pay for those cheap Chinese goods that they just HAVE to have, further perpetuating the cycle.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
And yes id write a check to the IRS while fighting my cause to pay more actual taxes.

You could do this now. Just send all disposable income to the IRS.

Hell, Buffett has been saying this same thing for years, yet he hasn't done a damn thing. It's easy to say, but harder to implement.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
LOL. You want $10/hr minimum wage for drop-outs, and you blame coporations for sending their operations over-seas?

Typical liberal faux-surprise when the exact things that you are warned about when inflating wages happen. Just like the rich leaving France due to high taxes, everyone knew it would happen.

The people who don't have good paying jobs are the same ones who flock to Wal-mart to fork over their government cheese to pay for those cheap Chinese goods that they just HAVE to have, further perpetuating the cycle.

i agree.

I hate that to survive so many need to buy Chinese goods. i used to try my best to buy USA but it got to the point it was getting damn near impossible. electronics? lol yeah sure. most clothes? shit i shop at Farm & fleet. at least they carry USA made clothes. but if you want nice clothes? nope.

I am willing to pay more for US goods. I wouldn't mind higher import tax's on goods.

though that fucks over the poor. really its a catch 22

tydas

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2000

It must be nice living in your simple minded world...

Druidx

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
I bet Dave would still be whining like a teenage diva even if it was

"Wealthiest Americans have 10 times net worth of typical family"

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012

So very true.

Opportunities are there for better jobs. You just have to... work for it! Plan ahead, 5 years ahead for it.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Yeah you gotta remember there just arent that many Paris Hiltons running around. Its not a significant enough number of people to get bent out of shape over.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

That's what I keep telling people.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
I dont hate them, but if i was one of them i would advocate paying higher taxes for myself and others of my wealth.

Either way id still be wealthy and feel im giving back to the people less fortunate than myself that also helped me get to the wealth i have in the firs place.

And yes id write a check to the IRS while fighting my cause to pay more actual taxes.

Why would you willingly ask someone to force you to do somthing? Why not just do it on your own, like pay too much in taxes then dont get a return, or DONATE to charities.