28-year-old's company makes millions buying from Walmart and selling on Amazon

NAC4EV

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2015
104807215-Amazon_Reseller_Copy_01.00_03_37_08.Still001.600x400.jpg

He knows how to make millions.

Only four years after quitting his accounting job in Minneapolis, Minn., to flip purchases full-time, his business is making seven-figure profits.
"Pretty early on I realized I wasn't in the career path that I wanted to be on," he tells CNBC Make It. "That
experience really had me looking for other options and I was starting to explore ways that I could basically leave that job and have my own schedule and be on my own time."
To do that, Grant turned to the side hustle he had used to made ends meet in college.
As a student at Winona State University, he organized textbook buyback events on campus twice a year. He listed the books on Amazon and shipped them out to customers around the country for a profit of up to $10,000 a year.
The process worked simply enough: Using the Amazon Seller app he could see exactly how much he could expect to profit on each book and in what time frame. But the hours spent processing and packaging each order himself proved to be a bit much.
"Going through that process for one semester was enough to know that I didn't want to do it again," he says. "From there forward I did Fulfillment by Amazon the rest of the way."

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/02/28-...-millions-selling-walmart-buys-on-amazon.html

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
104807215-Amazon_Reseller_Copy_01.00_03_37_08.Still001.600x400.jpg

He knows how to make millions.

Only four years after quitting his accounting job in Minneapolis, Minn., to flip purchases full-time, his business is making seven-figure profits.
"Pretty early on I realized I wasn't in the career path that I wanted to be on," he tells CNBC Make It. "That
experience really had me looking for other options and I was starting to explore ways that I could basically leave that job and have my own schedule and be on my own time."
To do that, Grant turned to the side hustle he had used to made ends meet in college.
As a student at Winona State University, he organized textbook buyback events on campus twice a year. He listed the books on Amazon and shipped them out to customers around the country for a profit of up to $10,000 a year.
The process worked simply enough: Using the Amazon Seller app he could see exactly how much he could expect to profit on each book and in what time frame. But the hours spent processing and packaging each order himself proved to be a bit much.
"Going through that process for one semester was enough to know that I didn't want to do it again," he says. "From there forward I did Fulfillment by Amazon the rest of the way."

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/02/28-...-millions-selling-walmart-buys-on-amazon.html

Good for him. Idiots will buy anything as evidenced by the people buying the natural news guys narrative. ;)

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Besides the walmart angle, why is this even 'news'?

Guy finds a supplier of something one place for one amount... and a place to sell it another for a profit....

....that's called BUSINESS.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Is Walmart the company I keep seeing ads about that Amazon doesn't want me to know about. I never clicked that ad because I could give a shit over such an obvious attempt to play my greed.