Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Tell me, what gain did Hunter Biden receive from Joe Biden's action to remove the prosecutor? What gain did Joe Biden receive?

There's a lot more to this, but that's the most basic starting point to understand that these situations are markedly different.
Somebody getting a $50k month check is not a bad payday. If Burisma gets investigated and gets in trouble, I'm guessing the potential protection of the Biden name and the VP of the US doesn't mean squat then. So no need to fork over $50k a month for an inexperienced drug addict.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Somebody getting a $50k month check is not a bad payday. If Burisma gets investigated and gets in trouble, I'm guessing the potential protection of the Biden name and the VP of the US doesn't mean squat then. So no need to fork over $50k a month for an inexperienced drug addict.

Burisma has already been investigated. The owner is back home in Ukraine after an extended vacation abroad. He's obviously not going down so Hunter won't be, either. It's all over but the slimy innuendo.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

In what way did firing Shokin increase the likelihood of Burisma being investigated?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Those are all legitimate criticism against Trump. Hard for Biden to criticize Trump on nepotism at this point.

It’s a legitimate concern. Trump effectively neutralized the Access Hollywood tape by bringing Bill Clinton’s accusers to a debate. He can similarly neutralize any narrative around cronyism when, at least in the case of Biden, his son is swimming in the same pool.

That’s because I enter the conversation already accepting that Trump is an order of magnitude more egregious, but that Trump exists because for decades we’ve rationalized and excused the Hunter Bidens of the world.

You perceive the accusations against Kavanaugh as credible. I see them as politically opportunistic. I see the accusations against Biden are politically opportunistic as well. Both situations are indicative of the underlying sickness in our government.

That is why I support a Warren/Buttigieg ticket.
Actually Biden can. Trump is nepotism. Burista would have done it if their CEO put their son/daughter on the board.

Nov 25, 2013
Those are all legitimate criticism against Trump. Hard for Biden to criticize Trump on nepotism at this point.

It’s a legitimate concern. Trump effectively neutralized the Access Hollywood tape by bringing Bill Clinton’s accusers to a debate. He can similarly neutralize any narrative around cronyism when, at least in the case of Biden, his son is swimming in the same pool.

That’s because I enter the conversation already accepting that Trump is an order of magnitude more egregious, but that Trump exists because for decades we’ve rationalized and excused the Hunter Bidens of the world.

You perceive the accusations against Kavanaugh as credible. I see them as politically opportunistic. I see the accusations against Biden are politically opportunistic as well. Both situations are indicative of the underlying sickness in our government.

That is why I support a Warren/Buttigieg ticket.

ROFLMFAO Youbetcha!