2560x1440 resolution problem.

Sidik

Jan 15, 2013
Hi all,
i am new here.
i have problem about resolution, now i am using monitor u2711, asus HD 6950 DirectCUII, DVI-D Dual Link cable, but the higher resolution is only 1920x1080.. what should i do? i have switch the tiny button on the GC to Dual link, but still can get 2560x1440.. thanx all..

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
Most of the AMD cards have 2x DL-DVI ports but only one of them functions with full Dual Link Capability, most of my friends with AMD cards have this problem when they borrow my 2560x1600 monitor at LAN partys. You probably just have to switch DVI ports.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Most of the AMD cards have 2x DL-DVI ports but only one of them functions with full Dual Link Capability, most of my friends with AMD cards have this problem when they borrow my 2560x1600 monitor at LAN partys. You probably just have to switch DVI ports.

This was my guess.

Sidik

Jan 15, 2013
Thanx fren..
Bull Dog: i have bought new dvi-d dual link, brand noops.. u mean maybe my dvi is fake?

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Thanx fren..
Bull Dog: i have bought new dvi-d dual link, brand noops.. u mean maybe my dvi is fake?

It is just a lazy way to manufacture one cut-out instead of 2. Use the one that works for both situations and save some $$.

Sidik

Jan 15, 2013
i have switch already.. but still cant get max resolution.. what should i do? tq frens..

delonm

Apr 10, 2011
To break your issue down a bit, here are the potential causes for your issue:

1. Your DVI cable is not dual link
2. You are not using the dual link DVI port on your graphics card
3. You do not have the dual link port enabled on your graphics card
4. (Not Likely) your graphics card is defective
5. (Not Likely) your monitor is defective

To troubleshoot this issue you can:

1. Switch DVI ports with the existing cable
2. Purchase or borrow a verified dual link cable and try both ports
3. Try steps 1 and 2 using both "switch" settings on your 6950
4. Use DisplayPort if available.

As others have mentioned the most likely issue is that the port you are plugged into on your graphics card is not dual link enabled or your video cable is not a dual link cable.

Good luck.

David

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
To break your issue down a bit, here are the potential causes for your issue:

1. Your DVI cable is not dual link
2. You are not using the dual link DVI port on your graphics card
3. You do not have the dual link port enabled on your graphics card
4. (Not Likely) your graphics card is defective
5. (Not Likely) your monitor is defective

To troubleshoot this issue you can:

1. Switch DVI ports with the existing cable
2. Purchase or borrow a verified dual link cable and try both ports
3. Try steps 1 and 2 using both "switch" settings on your 6950
4. Use DisplayPort if available.

As others have mentioned the most likely issue is that the port you are plugged into on your graphics card is not dual link enabled or your video cable is not a dual link cable.

Good luck.

David

MINE!

Sidik

Jan 15, 2013
OK. Thanx all my fren.. u all very kind person.. tq so much.. i ll try, and update later.. tq..

zephyrprime

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
I wasn't aware of this problem with ATI cards. I have a 2560 monitor myself and was looking to get another one. The cheap ones I buy most definitely do not have displayport connections. Do all ati cards lack dual dual-link? Is Nvidia the only choice when trying to run dual dual-link?

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
I wasn't aware of this problem with ATI cards. I have a 2560 monitor myself and was looking to get another one. The cheap ones I buy most definitely do not have displayport connections. Do all ati cards lack dual dual-link? Is Nvidia the only choice when trying to run dual dual-link?

Yes. only 1x DL DVI. You need to use active dp to DL DVI for additional monitors above 1920*1200 that don't have a DP input.

Sidik

Jan 15, 2013
Finally! i found my prob! Actually my DVI-D (dual link) is not active dual link.. even it has 24 pin! and now, i want use displayport cable.. is all kind od DP (V1.1 and V1.2) can support 2560x1440 resolution? need opinion! thanx guys!

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Hi all,
i am new here.
i have problem about resolution, now i am using monitor u2711, asus HD 6950 DirectCUII, DVI-D Dual Link cable, but the higher resolution is only 1920x1080.. what should i do? i have switch the tiny button on the GC to Dual link, but still can get 2560x1440.. thanx all..

Are you sure you're using a DVI-DL connector cable? What is the pin configuration on it?

edit: nevermind, just use DP i guess

Black Octagon

Golden Member
Dec 10, 2012

Nearly all AMD cards do have at least 1 DL-DVI port, just like NVIDIA.

There are a (very) few cards from both AMD and NVIDIA whose DVI ports are only single link. These are all non-reference cards.

When buying a card, it is important to check the tech specs of the specific brand and model before purchasing. The variety across all the various models is quite considerable