25% off Pzizz software

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Lifehacker link

I just discovered Pzizz the other day. It's basically software that creates a sleep or nap soundtrack using relaxing sound effects and vocals. I'm not one for hokey products, but this stuff is actually very, very relaxing. You can download the trial software and some demo MP3s here:

http://www.pzizz.com/downloads.asp

15-minute Sleep demo track

15-minute Nap demo track

$30 for either the Energizer or Sleep software or $50 for both. Slap on your headphones and fall asleep!

Update: Make sure that the promotional code "LIFEHACK" is entered in your shopping cart page. Hit the "recalculate" button to make it effective. It knocks $12.48 off the combo price for a total of $37.47 for both the nap and sleep modules. If you want a single module, it takes $7.48 off for a total of $22.47.

Reviews

Tegeril

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2003
The voice in the samples is so soothing. I wish I knew someone who spoke like that so I could listen to them all day.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Tegeril
The voice in the samples is so soothing. I wish I knew someone who spoke like that so I could listen to them all day.

I'm seriously debating buying the software because of those samples. It's expensive but there is that 25% deal. I just need to find some good wireless headphones so I don't choke on the cord when I sleep :D

brownzilla786

Dec 18, 2005
It's pretty interesting, but somewhat freaky at the same time. Probably just have to get used to it, but very cool!

origami

Jul 17, 2006
I tried the program about a month ago, it's pretty good. But I think there is only one clip that came with the program when I got it through "macappaday" so I would only be able to listen to the same clip every night?

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: origami
I tried the program about a month ago, it's pretty good. But I think there is only one clip that came with the program when I got it through "macappaday" so I would only be able to listen to the same clip every night?

Not sure what you got, but Pzizz is supposed to generate a new track (up to an hour long) every time you run it. The concept is to never hear the same track twice so that your mind doesn't get bored.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Tegeril

"Wake up, Dr. Freeman. Time to wake up...and smell the ashes!" :D

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003

pkp413

Dec 3, 2000
This seems hocus-pocus to me. I tried similar CDs from public library but they did not do anything for me. Constant mechanical sounds/noise in the background such as Air-conditioner or Fan work better for me...with the CDs I could never take the mental focus away from what the narrator was saying...