25-30 year old singles.....where do you meet the opposite sex?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Me: I found my latest GF out dancing. Not nightclub dancing, but real ballroom dancing. Its the one place I know of where you meet tons of great women and you are the only man in the room their age. The selection is always wonderful.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: gigapet
OP where do you live......rural, suburbs, city?

suburbs in michigan. divorced, young father, so dating really hasn't been in my radar for a while. it's been a real long time since i've dated or anything like that, so i REALLY feel out of the loop. when i'm with folks my age, i feel old because i am a parent. and when i'm with older people, i feel real young and immature. most of my close friends have moved out of the state, so i don't really have too many single friends, my age.

NogginBoink

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: dullard
Me: I found my latest GF out dancing. Not nightclub dancing, but real ballroom dancing. Its the one place I know of where you meet tons of great women and you are the only man in the room their age. The selection is always wonderful.

Same with swing dancing. It's a meat market of a totally different kind, if you're looking to meet someone.

(And if you're not, you get to dance with lots of women of varying skill and have a great time anyway!)

Mar 9, 2005
Originally posted by: toekramp
Originally posted by: shortspanishguy
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: z0mb13
Originally posted by: toekramp
through friends mostly :)

This is what I do..

maybe I should start going to bars...

and pick up skanks and hos?

The bars that I go to here in Baltimore are filled with alot of snobby people period. Its a good place to pick up a good looking woman but the odds of getting laid are very slim. There are some places where you can pick up some slutty chicks but they are in the more undesirable bars.

i went to Happy Day's Cafe or something like that in Baltimore... people weren't snobby at all (were kinda trashy though :p)

You went to HAVE A NICE DAY cafe'. It is undesirable and filled with underagers.

The place to be are Canton and Federal Hill. I also like the Havana club and 13th floor.

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: iamme
Originally posted by: gigapet
OP where do you live......rural, suburbs, city?

suburbs in michigan. divorced, young father, so dating really hasn't been in my radar for a while. it's been a real long time since i've dated or anything like that, so i REALLY feel out of the loop. when i'm with folks my age, i feel old because i am a parent. and when i'm with older people, i feel real young and immature. most of my close friends have moved out of the state, so i don't really have too many single friends, my age.

himm i see thats a tricky situation...well.....what I would do if i were you is rebuild your social circle. Thats definitely key. you need to always have a buddy or two that will be down with hitting up the town with you. Kinda like going to the gym with a partner you both motivate each other to get out of the house and be social. Not to mention that when you do meet a chick you dig you don't want her to think you have no friends and no life outside of her...not too say that having a son is an easy task or anything. Thats actually not a bad place to start...joining a gym or some other rec activity or even a class of some sort where you can be around people you can start to chat up and build a relationship with. Once you have even a small social circle its much easier to get out there and meet more people, starting from scratch is never easy tho but its not impossible either. Again its not gonna be fun or easy at first but anything worthwhile is never easy at first but becomes so over time and practice.

five40

Golden Member
Oct 4, 2004
Originally posted by: five40
Adult Friend Finder

are u serious? I thought this site is just like an xx site (they are out to get ur money)

It's totally legit. I've met lots of hot singles in my area. Even two at a time sometimes.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
thanks for the advice, gigapet. my biggest problem is taking that first step. after seperating, i pretty closed things off and stuck close to family and old friends. i've been content with spending time w/ my son and watching him grow up. i told myself that once he's older i'd think about dating and whatnot, but now i realize as the years quickly go by, i might be pushing 30+ and then really feel out of the loop.

dandruff

Golden Member
Jan 28, 2000
not single .. but many swingers sites also have quite a few single females .. and tons of single males ...

.. and ppl on swinger groups are more blunt and honest and u know what they want / no mindgames / and if u know what to look ..very secure cpls ... hth!

Carbo

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2000
Originally posted by: JoLLyRoGer
<-- Met my wife online! :D
What a coincidence! I met your wife online, too!

Hehe. . .sorry. Couldn't resist the wise ass comment.

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
I've had pretty good luck with the girls I have met online. The one I am dating now I met through okcupid.com and I have meet many others through match.com. Some of them work out better than others, obviously, but none have really been awful. I think for certain age groups online dating is great; when you are not in school your social network gets rather small pretty quickly and expanding that social net to the online world has been great for me - and many others apparently.

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
Adult Friend Finder

are u serious? I thought this site is just like an xx site (they are out to get ur money)

It's totally legit. I've met lots of hot singles in my area. Even two at a time sometimes.

heh heh heh..

I will have to try this out :D:D

but I probably have to bag it.. STD galore...

Zanix

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2003
Adult Friend Finder

shens

nitsuj3580

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2001
I went with my g/f to Yoga and I think the male/female count was like 3 males and 40+ females.

So single guys, try your local yoga studios!