2405 with ps2 looks like crap

song414

May 7, 2005
Hi all I want to know if its possible to make the picture quality of the ps2 better or upscale the resolution it delivers? Im playing ffx and it looks like crap when blown up to full screen. I use the sharper text option on the monitor but it looks like blocks. I really want to fix this problem. I am using component cables i think (red white yellow male plugs) tht came with the ps2. Is there anything else I can do to make it look more clear? It looks almost as bad as doom 1. Basically i can see the pixels blown up to about a square centimeter each and it looks aweful.

Lord Banshee

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2004
It will look like crap no matter what you do.

I have tried it with on my 2405 with S-Video and Componet and composite video and they all look the same... ******.

You are blowing up a 640x480 at best to 1920x1200, and what the ps2 was GeForce1 style Graphics.

Even GranTurismo4 with 1080i looks like crap on this monitor. the Good thing about normal TV is that it isn't every sharp and has a small res, so the bad graphics just doesn't look so bad lol :)

Pr0phetX

Jan 14, 2006
to get anything decent you'll need at least an xbox. Hell even dreamcast with vga adapter will looking better than the ps2