mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
I haven't played it in a while but I remember it used to run like a sick dog with PhysX turned on. You do have an nVidia GPU so it should be properly accelerated. I'd try turning it off though and see if that makes a difference.

inachu

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2014
To the OP.... You might be a PROFESSIONAL video game player and you might not be and I will for the sake of argument will say you are not ok?

What a gamer should always know that games create heat. I suspect perhaps your GPU gets very hot. When was the last time you blew the dust out of it. Sometimes an air can and not get the dust out and you must go one further and use a heavy blower like they use in a garage shop. What I use is an electrical matress blower I bought at dick sporting goods. They have a battery one but does not pump out as much air.

Now lets assume the inside of your pc is dust free then it could be lacking proper air flow. You do have air blowing into from the front and have air sucked out the back yes?
If so then good. Next would be to make sure your pc does not sit in direct sunlight/hot area. So lets pretend its not a heat issue so then my next guess would be your hard drive is fragmented or if its a SSD then you do not have enough pc memory. If you have only 4 then get 8 gig of ram and upgrade your pc to a 64bit OS.

If you are sure its not a hard drive and not memory issue then I would suspect it could also be your FSB. Your FSB can be the bottleneck which means you should get a new pc. If your pc is an i3 then "FACEPALM" at minimu gamers should be on an i5 or better cpu/equivalent. Ideally i7 (4th generation)is perfect for games.

Also your hard drive could be running low on space which also causes all kinds of slow downs.