22" Gloss Finish Panels

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Been looking for a 22" Glossy Screen LCD. So far, the three main players that I have seen and researched are:

1) Samsung 2232GW - Samsung based panels are beautiful. Their bezel looks great, the quality of their panels are generally great. This one seems really good.

2) HP 2207H - I believe HP was the first company to introduce a gloss finish on a 22" panel. It looks great, but the bezel, in my opinion does not look that great. Plus, the monitor is older and doesn't sport the best specifications - even if those are unreliable.

3) LG 227WTG - This panel boasts the best panel specifications and does look very good in person. However, the bezel design keeps me from this purchase. All other models took their new design approach, but this new model decided to use a custom bezel. Unfortunately, I can't stand the little droop where the power button is.

There are also some Acer monitors that are floating around with some obscure model numbers that also have a gloss finish to them, but I do not believe any Brick & Mortor store carries them, which is a requirement as I don't enjoy dead pixels, major backlight bleeding, or huge uniformity problems. In addition to that, all reviews I have seen posted on the Acer 22" gloss panels show that the display has uniformity problems.

So, basically, my question is, does anyone know if any new gloss finish displays are coming down the pike? Is there any that I missed in the 22" category?

Also, please no comments on TN or Glossy Panels being 'the suck'... I am not here to discuss and debate subjective opinions.

BassBomb

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2005
LG is the best one

If you are not buying a monitor due to a small unique power button then....

ashishmishra

Nov 23, 2005
Look at the Gateway HD2200 as well, I love mine. The number of inputs is amazing, HDMI (with HDMI audio out as well), DVI, VGA, Component, also has 1:1 pixel mapping, PIP etc. Most B&M store have one so check it out.

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Shamrock
Don't Sony also make glossy panels? I think it's the "X-Brite"?

Sony does make the most beautiful monitor I have ever seen... Unfortunately, it is built into their all in one computer, like the Imacs. Seriously, when I seen the Sony 22" Glossy Panel in a Photo Frame type bezel (XBR), I was looking for the price tag when I looked behind and noticed it was an all-in-one unit... That made me sad... :-( I am not aware of any other Sony monitors...

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: BassBomb
LG is the best one

Hey, you don't have to hold back, not really... I am the first to admit that I am very anal in regards to the look of things. My, PDP for example... I was going to get the Panasonic, but I didn't like the bezel. The new LG looked the greatest to me and it also had a wonderful picture. Both the bezel AND the picture are important to me. It isn't like I buy the monitor for the bezel, but it is an important aspect for me. It just the way I am, I guess. I am a bit OCD in that regard... I have a need to symmetry, and as you can see, the LG 27WTG lacks it. But, I do believe the LG has a wondeful display on their hands... I just have to decide if I can get past the bezel!

BassBomb

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2005
Originally posted by: ArchAngel777
Originally posted by: BassBomb
LG is the best one

Hey, you don't have to hold back, not really... I am the first to admit that I am very anal in regards to the look of things. My, PDP for example... I was going to get the Panasonic, but I didn't like the bezel. The new LG looked the greatest to me and it also had a wonderful picture. Both the bezel AND the picture are important to me. It isn't like I buy the monitor for the bezel, but it is an important aspect for me. It just the way I am, I guess. I am a bit OCD in that regard... I have a need to symmetry, and as you can see, the LG 27WTG lacks it. But, I do believe the LG has a wondeful display on their hands... I just have to decide if I can get past the bezel!

to each his own man,

I focus on the products quality and performance first and foremost and usability... at the end I care how it looks (depends on what we are talkin about though)

I bought the 20WMGX2 which has a pretty nasty bezel (shiny and round) and horrible buttons, but it was one of the best monitors you could get!