2100+ tbred b max voltage it can handle safely, also what is the difference between tbred A and tbred B?

Jmartin

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2003
as the topic says im just wondering since this is a downgraded 2500+ cpu what would be the max vcore voltage i can push threw it safely keeping the temps around 95F under full load?

Also what exactly is the difference between the tbred A's and the Tbred B's?

Apr 17, 2003
even at stock, it is VERY difficult to keep temps @ 35C under full load. you can saftely run the tbred B at around 50C under full load, but dont give it any more than 1.8V.

Chumpman

Banned
Feb 26, 2003
Originally posted by: shady06
even at stock, it is VERY difficult to keep temps @ 35C under full load. you can saftely run the tbred B at around 50C under full load, but dont give it any more than 1.8V.

Sounds like good advice to me.

Shimmishim

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Chumpman
Originally posted by: shady06

Sounds like good advice to me.

i think a lot of people here try to run under 1.85 volts... :)

at least i do...

Jmartin

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2003
the odd thing is my old 2100+ tbred b cpu ran 2.4ghz at 1.85v just fine. but i later rma'd it thinking it was causing a problem that i was trying to troubleshoot when it was my board all along. However this replacement cpu is out of a different batch of cpus and i cannot get it to even boot into windows at 1.85v at 2.4ghz...i have to put it at 2v to run it at 2.4ghz. so i keep it at 2.2ghz with it a 1.85v and prime 95 agrees its stable.

I just dont understand what changed and why this is happening. My power supply rails are not low and are stable. Even at that i have a quality psu its an antec truepower 550w psu.

Shimmishim

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Jmartin
the odd thing is my old 2100+ tbred b cpu ran 2.4ghz at 1.85v just fine. but i later rma'd it thinking it was causing a problem that i was trying to troubleshoot when it was my board all along. However this replacement cpu is out of a different batch of cpus and i cannot get it to even boot into windows at 1.85v at 2.4ghz...i have to put it at 2v to run it at 2.4ghz. so i keep it at 2.2ghz with it a 1.85v and prime 95 agrees its stable.

I just dont understand what changed and why this is happening. My power supply rails are not low and are stable. Even at that i have a quality psu its an antec truepower 550w psu.

cpu's don't overclock the same even from the same batch...

bgeh

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Shimmishim
Originally posted by: Jmartin

cpu's don't overclock the same even from the same batch...
yeah, it's just a game of luck to see whether you get the good one or not