2023 State of the Union - predictions & discussion

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Ric Scott has a proposal to sunset SS in 5 years and then think about it

Biden was not lying and he outsmarted the Pubs in public

LOL at the Republican strategist on CNN who was disappointed in Biden’s mention of SS and Medicare and challenged Biden to “Not run a single ad talking about SS and Medicare in 2024”. Umm…I think he’ll pass

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
LOL at the Republican strategist on CNN who was disappointed in Biden’s mention of SS and Medicare and challenged Biden to “Not run a single ad talking about SS and Medicare in 2024”. Umm…I think he’ll pass

Why was he disappointed? They did propose it

I’ll wait and watch Sarah Manatee Sanders tomorrow. She ain’t topping that

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
BTW - How soon before Fox News blames the media for focusing on the MTG mob?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Someone explain to me when saluting the American flag became a problem for the GOP?? Is that why they replaced flag lapel pins with guns???

What false idols is she talking about??!

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Well at least she got her name right. But scary thing is, this is what the MAGA base is looking for

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Does the story from 2018 she’s rehashing have some point?

Jingoism?? That was a weird, weird moment. Something about that story was just…low beta energy??? Not sure if her speech is affected post thyroid cancer surgery as thankfully I haven’t had to listen to her much…but maybe her voice was breaking a bit the longer she spoke.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Biden did a good job. Sanders not so much. And Santos is a nut with no shame. Gained more respect for Romney.

Reactions: hal2kilo

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I know I promised to give the rebuttal a fair listen. Started watching and within 30 sec turned it off.

She started off telling us she is a mother to 3 and growing up she learned not every story told to her is the truth. Stopped my DVR and immediately deleted. Did that cow forget who she worked for?? She spent months lying and justifying every lie by her boss.

That woman is filled with nothing but lies, bile and ambergris.

The Republican Party was completely owned tonight. Tonight convinced me I’m comfortable with Biden going forward. Doesn’t mean I close my mind to a possible challenger. Let’s hope for forward progress.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
For the most part nobody cares about the state of the union - I would be fine if we just got rid of the speech altogether.

That being said yes I think Republicans heckling the president during it is now basically an institutional norm.
While I didn't watch the SOTU, and aren't that particularly interested in the media spectacle, it is a necessary requirement of every executive to provide regular reports to the governing body. And if that body is public, then the reporting must also be public.

The heckling, of course, is not required and should be rightly condemned as poor form. Conservatives are forever immature.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I understand not all of inflation rests on Biden's shoulders. However, the average American doesnt see it that way. Bottom line is, its more expensive to buy food, pay utilities, and rent, and Biden will take the brunt of that. Period. Fair or unfair, it is what it is.

Except inflation has been declining for several months now. Which suggests that it likely won't be higher than normal by the middle of next year. And while voters do tend to blame the current POTUS for inflation, they also tend to have short memories.