2020 Republican National Convention

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I'm as liberal as the next pinko commie, but ivanka's framing of Alice Johnson as a 'first time nonviolent drug offender' is really pushing it.

She ran a cocaine trafficking organization associated with Columbian drug lords. Obama's admin even denied her application for clemency. How's that for emptying the prisons?

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
"The results speak for themselves."

Well said, Ivanka.

170,000 dead
Tens of millions out of work
Violence and civil unrest in the streets
Children in cages

The results speak for themselves. I couldn't agree with you more.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
The fuck was with that intro? Like a three minute song uninterrupted that he kept encouraging them to clap through, like what on earth.

Reactions: rise
Jan 25, 2011
I don’t even care about the rest of this spectacle. Seeing the White House used like this is just... I don’t even have words for it. A symbol of the entire country was just destroyed. Regardless of how divisive things got down there there were always some lines that were never crossed. No more. Gone. All of them.

How anyone can look at this and not feel disgusted is beyond me.

EgeDHuRUwAEGz04

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
I'm as liberal as the next pinko commie, but ivanka's framing of Alice Johnson as a 'first time nonviolent drug offender' is really pushing it.

She ran a cocaine trafficking organization associated with Columbian drug lords. Obama's admin even denied her application for clemency. How's that for emptying the prisons?

It’s just like the first night where they claim a Trump did all this blah blah blah. When Obama did it many times more but didn’t make it a political talking point.

Trump has done relatively little for crime reform. He also hasn’t commutes or pardoned a whole lot of “non violent” drug offenders.

Obama commuted or pardoned close to 1929 people, most for the disparite crack cocaine sentences from the ‘80s and ‘90s. He’s did far more than Trump, but Trump and all those in his orbit think Trump is a god or something.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I don’t even care about the rest of this spectacle. Seeing the White House used like this is just... I don’t even have words for it. A symbol of the entire country was just destroyed. Regardless of how divisive things got down there there were always some lines that were never crossed. No more. Gone. All of them.

EgeDHuRUwAEGz04
Yeah, the Hatch Act needs some serious reform with some real teeth added for violations.

Franz316

Sep 12, 2000
He's going full-on crazy with divine right, theocratic rule, and American exceptionalism tonight. It's pure gas lighting. He's like a cult leader preaching to his desperate followers looking for his approval. All done from the confines of the White House. Scary times.

Last edited:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

EgeDHuRUwAEGz04

Remember the fake GOP outrage over the Lincoln bedroom use under Clinton?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Franz316

Sep 12, 2000
Everything he says is pretty much the opposite of the truth. He creates so much noise, half-truths, and lies it's impossible to keep up and that's exactly what he wants.

The discourse in this country has sunk to potentially unrecoverable lows.

giphy.gif

(a visual representation of him speaking)

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Everybody is trapped and sweating like pigs through this mess of a speech lol. If this was a rally over half of them would be home by now.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

EgeDHuRUwAEGz04

WH COVID party!

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I like the part where the fireworks spelled “Trump 2020” over the Washington Monument. And then did again... and again...

Franz316

Sep 12, 2000
Maybe he's going to speak all through the night, who thought this long of a speech was a good idea?

edit: it's finally over

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

EgeDHuRUwAEGz04

The Canadian in me is wondering if we’ll have to burn it down again. ;)

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Apparently the longest acceptance speech in modern history. Those people in the audience sure felt it.

I don’t think he’s going to be very happy about the reception of this.

• Haha
Reactions: [DHT]Osiris