2020 Republican National Convention

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gabe323

Apr 29, 2002
If the economy is the best it's ever been and still getting better why do all of them keep saying we have to elect Trump to rebuild it?

Reactions: jman19

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
If the economy is the best it's ever been and still getting better why do all of them keep saying we have to elect Trump to rebuild it?
Yeah, they keep referencing all this "looting and violence" as if Biden is the president. That this will be what happens if
we elect Biden. Well, people, this is happening on the orange menace's watch. Pull your heads out of your asses
and see what the traitorous coward isn't taking credit for.
His presidency, his watch, his fucking fault.

Not Bidens.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
That only Republicans who have utterly failed to keep the country safe can keep the country safe from Democrats seems to be the entire message.

If he got another 4 years whoever the 2024 GOP nominee after that will look back at 8 years of disaster and promptly blame the 2024 Democratic nominee (whoever it may be) for it. "I take no responsibility" is the party creed.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Yeah, they keep referencing all this "looting and violence" as if Biden is the president. That this will be what happens if
we elect Biden. Well, people, this is happening on the orange menace's watch. Pull your heads out of your asses
and see what the traitorous coward isn't taking credit for.
His presidency, his watch, his fucking fault.

Not Bidens.

I got an automated text message from some form of trump campaign support with this same messaging.
Normally I delete these, but I felt compelled to reply. So, I responded with

"Actually this is current America. Thanks, Trump!" (Along with a sarcasm disclaimer and a request to immediately remove my number from their list)

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
And, I didn't watch night tres of the convention either. ;)
I suspect Mike Pence gave a heart warming speech of how gay marriage has brought about firestorm-tornadoes out in California. Or how evangelicals should be personally tax exempt just like the churches. Or how some angel in white came to Mike in a dream and promised the virus will simply GO AWAY on November 3rd, with one string attached.... that Donald win re-election. Oh yeah, I can just imagine.
BUT... like I said before, I myself will just wait out the time, then go vote for Joe Biden on election day, and then see once and for all if America is as insane as America now appears? Or... if America can reject Trump and elect Joe to salvage some of her dignity. I mean, at this point it is entirely a matter of whether the sane people will prevail, or the Donald Trump brain-eating zombies.

Reactions: TeeJay1952

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
More of the lies and bullshit....

"Up and coming" young Republican candidate Madison Cawthorn made a speech at the convention where he said, “George Washington was 21 when he received his first military commission. Abe Lincoln — 22 when he first ran for office. And my personal favorite, James Madison was just 25 years old when he signed the Declaration of Independence.”.

Wahshington was 20. Lincoln was 23. Madison didn’t sign the Declaration of Independence.

Cawthorn also had to remove a photo from his social media of his visit to the Hitler headquarters at the Eagle’s Nest, which he said had been on his bucket list.

His campaign website says he was “nominated to the U.S. Naval Academy by Rep. Mark Meadows in 2014”, except he was rejected for admission to the school.

https://theslot.jezebel.com/my-dark-journey-into-the-soul-of-a-model-young-republic-1844324325

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Lara Trump at the Republican convention:

"Abraham Lincoln “once famously said, ‘America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.’”

He never said that.

Yeah, but c’mon, it feels like something Lincoln would have said.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I got an automated text message from some form of trump campaign support with this same messaging.
Normally I delete these, but I felt compelled to reply. So, I responded with

"Actually this is current America. Thanks, Trump!" (Along with a sarcasm disclaimer and a request to immediately remove my number from their list)
Heh, I got an automated text like that too.
I responded with "GFY"

Reactions: Fenixgoon

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Adolf Hitler up for reelection : NO ONE HAS DONE MORE FOR THE JEWISH PEOPLE THAN ME!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalrighty then.

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
More of the lies and bullshit....

"Up and coming" young Republican candidate Madison Cawthorn made a speech at the convention where he said, “George Washington was 21 when he received his first military commission. Abe Lincoln — 22 when he first ran for office. And my personal favorite, James Madison was just 25 years old when he signed the Declaration of Independence.”.

Wahshington was 20. Lincoln was 23. Madison didn’t sign the Declaration of Independence.

Cawthorn also had to remove a photo from his social media of his visit to the Hitler headquarters at the Eagle’s Nest, which he said had been on his bucket list.

His campaign website says he was “nominated to the U.S. Naval Academy by Rep. Mark Meadows in 2014”, except he was rejected for admission to the school.

https://theslot.jezebel.com/my-dark-journey-into-the-soul-of-a-model-young-republic-1844324325
Interesting read. I knew about the Annapolis rejection but not about dropping out of college after only 1 semester with a D average. Or that his "real estate investment firm" consists of himself, is listed at his home address, and has made only one transaction consisting of some land purchased at a bank auction for 20K.

One person in the comments put it succinctly:
Our boy Madison here seem to be the very embodiment of the phrase “all hat and no cattle”

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
By the images I'm seeing on twitter I can only conclude that the pandemic is over by the way they're packing em in at this thing.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
By the images I'm seeing on twitter I can only conclude that the pandemic is over by the way they're packing em in at this thing.
Breathtaking amount of stupidity on screen. Literally hundreds of people all shoulder to shoulder, nary a mask in sight.