2020 Republican National Convention

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
So, HERE IT COMES!!!
That gawd awful, unavoidable, train wreck.
I was wondering, after the insults from Donald Trump on the DNC, how will the RNC differ?
Trump had a problem with appearances and speeches during the DNC having been taped and not live, so I'm assuming that republicans will stand side by side together, live, and shoulder to shoulder during the RNC. Sure sounds like it. Looks like those republicans will thumb their nose at social distancing and no doubt at wearing masks. Might we see peddlers selling hydroxychloroquine to the crowd? Will the RNC republicans be popping hydroxychloroquine like a kid popping Gummy Bears? This should be interesting, NOT! So you will have republicans standing side by side listening to knee-high BS about Donald Trump, and.... and with a good chance of catching the coronavirus. I can just imagine when those convention republicans arrive back home to tell the kids, "Look Billy at what daddy brought you, Covid!, and this tacky red hat." Next week would be an excellent time for Cozy TV to run another Twilight Zone marathon. ;)

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
This pretty much sums up the RNC next week.
f02db4cf7b7fe1b3fd878e2cc967fddb.jpg

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Unlike Biden having his grandchildren wearing masks around him. Definitely won’t be seeing that next week when the orange menace is surrounded by his demon spawn

Reactions: DarthKyrie

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
It's going to be a relentless torrent of barely veiled racism and conspiratorial nonsense wrapped in a nausea inducing amount of American flags and showcased by the best MAGA nuts the internet has to offer.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
So, HERE IT COMES!!!
I was wondering, after the insults from Donald Trump on the DNC, how will the RNC differ?
Trump had a problem with appearances and speeches during the DNC having been taped and not live, so I'm assuming that republicans will stand side by side together, live, and shoulder to shoulder during the RNC. Sure sounds like it. Looks like those republicans will thumb their nose at social distancing and no doubt at wearing masks. Might we see peddlers selling hydroxychloroquine to the crowd? Will the RNC republicans be popping hydroxychloroquine like a kid popping Gummy Bears? This should be interesting, NOT! So you will have republicans standing side by side listening to knee-high BS about Donald Trump, and.... and with a good chance of catching the coronavirus. I can just imagine when those convention republicans arrive back home to tell the kids, "Look Billy at what daddy brought you, Covid!, and this tacky red hat." Next week would be an excellent time for Cozy TV to run another Twilight Zone marathon. ;)

The RNC will be mostly virtual this year. There will be so few people actually present that, thankfully, the peddlers and other hangers-on won't be around.

With that said, it won't stop the conspiracy theorists and habitual liars from having a heyday... they'll just have to push misinformation through videoconferencing instead of in person.

Reactions: DarthKyrie and Muse

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
The RNC will be mostly virtual this year. There will be so few people actually present that, thankfully, the peddlers and other hangers-on won't be around.

With that said, it won't stop the conspiracy theorists and habitual liars from having a heyday... they'll just have to push misinformation through videoconferencing instead of in person.

I actually think the YouTube longhair chaps-wearing crowd will be totally onboard with this new format. “I don’t have to leave my [mom’s] basement? Now’s my chance!!!”

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
I don't care if you support the dems or not, but the way they've handled their convention so far is top notch. The "tour of America" part in particular.

Expect the republican one to be either a cheap rip off of that, or else just a complete train wreck (since they were planning on going to NC and then Jacksonville until pretty recently so there wasn't a lot of time to put something together.)

Edit: corrected to the non-sister fucking state.

Last edited:
Reactions: hasu

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
I don't care if you support the dems or not, but the way they've handled their convention so far is top notch. The "tour of America" part in particular.

Expect the republican one to be either a cheap rip off of that, or else just a complete train wreck (since they were planning on going to SC and then Jacksonville until pretty recently so there wasn't a lot of time to put something together.)
NC, not SC. Charlotte to be exact, I believe.

Reactions: dawp

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I expect there to be live crowds at some point. Like in a slaughter house for pigs and cows, at some point the Trump family will be up there on stage and the gates will fly open with hoards of loving Trumpies stampeding in to cheer on their leader. Quite a spectacle. Donald Trump must have his spectacle. Donald Trump needs that personal contact and praise from his loyalist. Besides, what a perfect way to flip the middle finger to mask wearing, social distancing, and being politically correct. Donald Trump will definitely pull some stunt, and allowing a crowd of supporters into the arena with the Trump family all up on stage. Exactly the kind of stunt Donald Trump loves to pull. That would shock the media, horrify the medical experts, stick it to the democrats, and electrify the Trump base to no end. And you know how cattle are, cattle will follow the others straight to the slaughter. Poor dumb animals, the trumpies that is....

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
the DNC vs RNC is clear view into the current state of the two political parties. the Democrats prepared for a virtual convention for months while the RNC did not.

to sum it up, one party prepared and executed while the other stumbled and still haven't gotten their shit together.

Reactions: hasu

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
the DNC vs RNC is clear view into the current state of the two political parties. the Democrats prepared for a virtual convention for months while the RNC did not.

to sum it up, one party prepared and executed while the other stumbled and still haven't gotten their shit together.

So is this going to look like the first week of distance learning using Zoom?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Expect the republican one to be either a cheap rip off of that, or else just a complete train wreck (since they were planning on going to SC and then Jacksonville until pretty recently so there wasn't a lot of time to put something together.)

NC, damnit! Don't confuse us with those sister-fucking neighbors like @highland145 to the south!

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
So, HERE IT COMES!!!
you're behind the times, the cure of the day is oleandrin, ya better stock up.

edit: punctuation

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
There's a neat NASCAR bar at the airport. My sum total knowledge of Charlotte.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Reportedly ...That Covington high school kid and that St. Louis couple who waved their guns at protesters are going to speak at the Republican Convention.

They’re really scraping the bottom of the barrel to find people who’ll speak for them. I’m surprised they didn’t invite the chair back. After the chair trounced Clint Eastwood in the debate ... I knew it wouldn’t be invited back. Unlike the chair, Eastwood didn’t have a leg to stand on.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Reportedly ...That Covington high school kid and that St. Louis couple who waved their guns at protesters are going to speak at the Republican Convention.

They’re really scraping the bottom of the barrel to find people who’ll speak for them. I’m surprised they didn’t invite the chair back. After the chair trounced Clint Eastwood in the debate ... I knew it wouldn’t be invited back. Unlike the chair, Eastwood didn’t have a leg to stand on.
It's pretty obvious they're going for a theme of victimization, bringing in all these poor, unfortunate souls who have been victimized by militant LIBRULZ!

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
NC, damnit! Don't confuse us with those sister-fucking neighbors like @highland145 to the south!
Yes, and many months ago our governor told the RNC that he would NOT allow large indoor assembles in the state. Pissed the orange menace off... which is a good thing.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Now that the DNC is wrapped up, I’m looking forward to this shit show. BTW Mitch McConnell will not be speaking in-person or virtually due to “prior engagements” in Kentucky. When the most powerful person in your party ditches your nominating convention, look out!

They’re literally scrambling to find people to fill their primetime network coverage.

Jan 25, 2011
Now that the DNC is wrapped up, I’m looking forward to this shit show. BTW Mitch McConnell will not be speaking in-person or virtually due to “prior engagements” in Kentucky. When the most powerful person in your party ditches your nominating convention, look out!

They’re literally scrambling to find people to fill their primetime network coverage.
What moment from the RNC could compare to this young mans coursge?

its going to be a dark, fearsome event.