Question 2020 how much extra are we really paying for raytracing components?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

potato masher

May 15, 2019
Seems to me its almost to the point where the raytracing components are irrelevant in a price compare.. Said as an observer sitting here on the sidelines with with my rx580 and a wad of cash.

RX vs super.. looks like not much of $$ difference. What are we talking about these days $40?

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
What driver issues? When you are making such outlandish general claims, please back them up, otherwise you seem like an Nvidia fanboy. For real, these type of things have gone on for long enough, outlandish claims with no evidence, no source, no links, etc...

There were some issues with the latest Adrenalin 2020 driver when it was first released, but that is common with such a massive features upgrade in the drivers, they've ironed out most of those since then!

There has not been any major AMD driver issue, in fact being with Nvidia right now and owning a GTX 1060 6GB, I'd say its Nvidia that's had most of the driver issues and problems and game crashing issues like with Gears of War, God of War, GTA 5, etc... that we've waited for literally YEARS to be fixed!

Its Nvidia who have outdated graphics console, outdated graphic settings, outdated driver installation, outdated graphics features. They need to massively upgrade their Nvidia control panel, make it faster, snappier, and bring it to the 21 century with new slick UI and more options and features!

So I'm in the Nvidia camp, but I'm not going to sit here and allow for your misinformation to be repeated over and over. Nvidia for sure have the worst drivers and have had worse drivers for the past 3 years, at least since when I bought the GTX 1060 6gb.

Steve discusses driver issues with AMD:

Official AMD Representative asking for feedback to help fix ongoing random black screens:

Official AMD Representative making users aware to disable feature due to instability:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/eaeb2l/please_disable_enhanced_sync_if_you_are/

This doesn't include the various user created posts regarding issues ranging from fan controls to random clock drops during certain games.

AMD is doing a bang up job trying to fix this. They don't need you pretending it's not happening. They've already acknowledged it. So bring it up with AMD if you don't want these issues discussed/mentioned. Also might not want to contradict yourself in your own post.

Reactions: CHADBOGA

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Tech Deals also mentioned problems with AMD drivers. They had issues with 1080p performance being slower than 1440p in some cases because the card didn't seem to perform properly.

The reality is nVidia's drivers are more consistent and robust than AMD's. In any given scenario, an nVidia card is more likely to perform how it should, especially for older/legacy games.

If you only play the very latest benchmarked games and then move on quickly, you might not notice. But for someone like me who has a heavy play rotation of legacy games, this is unacceptable.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
What driver issues? When you are making such outlandish general claims, please back them up, otherwise you seem like an Nvidia fanboy. For real, these type of things have gone on for long enough, outlandish claims with no evidence, no source, no links, etc...

There were some issues with the latest Adrenalin 2020 driver when it was first released, but that is common with such a massive features upgrade in the drivers, they've ironed out most of those since then!
52 page thread @ amd.com about blank screen problems that still have not been resolved.