2020 Formula BOINC Marathon Voting Part 3 - the stragglers

Which of these projects do we approve of for the Formula BOINC Marathon 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
For Formula BOINC in 2020, we get to vote on which projects to include in the Marathon! This thread is for projects that are down and out, but which might come back eventually.

I'll consider 50% or more approval a "yes"; less than 50% a "no". Unless you prefer another method.

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Sebastien added some new projects to the poll I think: T.Brada Experimental Grid, Private GFN Server, QuChemPedIA@home and nanoHUB.

I like this at Private GFN Server: :)
  • This is a PRIVATE SERVER to coordinate distribution of some mathematical work on GFN.
  • IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS IS, YOU DON'T NEED THIS.
  • No help, no support, no forum, no badges.

EDIT: QuChemPedIA@home has work. There's a native app for linux and Vbox apps for windows/MacOS. The research is quantum chemistry/machine learning so it is interesting to me. I've been running tasks (linux) since yesterday and have seen no issues so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: TennesseeTony

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Is it really appropriate (or possible) to do a "sprint" race on projects that rarely if ever have any work?

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Is it really appropriate (or possible) to do a "sprint" race on projects that rarely if ever have any work?

No, not for a sprint. One of the rules for a FB marathon project:

To give any points, the project must award at least 2,000,000 credits in the current calendar year (January 1 to December 31).

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
OK, marathon. But a rather uneventful marathon if the racers aren't allowed to run.. ;)