Discussion 2019 which brand type of rechargeable batteries do you use? D C AA

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
I have been buying ebl rechargeable on Ebay. Is there a better battery I should try ? (About to buy some more D batteries for mr beams wireless motion lights) they take 4 batteries each and already use ebl 10,000 rated they last 3 to 4 months depending on how often they light

Seems only 1 person has named a brand recommendation. !! 10 D ebl for 54.99 on Ebay will check the tenergy ones now

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Still need double-A's for a lot of junk.
Everything else is proprietary and usually lithium-ion.

I have also made it a point to avoid devices if they require a special DC adapter. I try to get as many USB and direct plugin electronics as I possibly can.

Reactions: VirtualLarry

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
Still need double-A's for a lot of junk.
Everything else is proprietary and usually lithium-ion.

I have also made it a point to avoid devices if they require a special DC adapter. I try to get as many USB and direct plugin electronics as I possibly can.
Lul arnt u suppose to say what kind u use? I see 10 pack of D for 54$. Tempted to wait for Ebay coupon but wonderwhats better for same $$ I use alot of eneloop and rayovac platinum or ebl 2800 for the aa I use. Maybe have 50 in circulation

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I buy everything from A23's to 18650 Li-on to various button cells plus all of the standard sizes.

I've switched from alkaline for AAA, AA and 9v to lithium. I really hate changing batteries.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I have mainly Eneloops (white ones, there's a little higher quality black ones too) with a few Amazon basic thrown in.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I will only use Fujitsu/Eneloop AA and AAA's. I have no need for C and only need D's for an emergency lantern. Rechargeable D's would be too expensive and impractical for just an emergency lantern.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
I have mainly Eneloops (white ones, there's a little higher quality black ones too) with a few Amazon basic thrown in.

Yes. Eneloops are the only ones worth buying.

All my other battery brands have stopped working after a few years but the Eneloops keep recharging.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
^yup, all I buy are eneloops. I've never thrown any out, ever. I know that I have at least 4 originals that have recharged and worked for more than 10 years now.

I have blues, greens, the whites and the blacks. The blues and greens just keep on trucking.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I've stuck with Eneloops for many years now. Very very few failures. AAA's, AA's, I probably have a total of around 50 of them. Very slow self discharge. I've even put an AA Eneloop in one of my portable appliances, soldering it in. Have 2 Maha chargers and one of them gets constant use. 1/2 the time there are a couple of batteries charging in it, usually from my EDC flashlights.

Last edited:

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Eneloops for me for AAA and AA.
I do have some leftover no-name NiMH I had previously bought on sale. Most all of them are
slowly dying off. No way do these cheapies (Vivitar, AC Delco, Kodak NiMH) get 500-1000 recharges.
My Eneloops? I have never had one go bad on me and some are probably pushing close to 10 years old.

Reactions: clamum

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
My Eneloops? I have never had one go bad on me and some are probably pushing close to 10 years old.
I'm not sure if I've ever had an Eneloop go bad. My records show that 2 of the 52 Eneloops I have bought have shown some weakness and I used the refresh mode of one of my Maha chargers to restore them. I evidently bought my first bunch in July 2010. Eneloops absolutely rock. I hate batteries that self discharge. I have some cordless tools that use NiMH or NiCd batteries and they usually have a weak or no charge and I have to swap out the batteries, charge, etc. to get use out of them. OTOH, my Li-ion set I got refurb a few years back, dang, that thing just rocks. I think I've only had to charge a time or two! Light, powerful, fantastic, very slow self discharge. Never going back.