2019 NFL offseason and draft thread *OBJ traded to CLE!*

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Holy crap, Antonio Brown traded to the Raiders. Even more holy crap, OBJ traded to the Browns. Cleveland went from joke of the league to freakin' loaded in just a couple seasons. Baker Mayfield at QB throwing to OBJ, Landry in the slot, Nick Chubb at RB being backed up by Kareem Hunt (all-pro level talent) and Duke Johnson as the 3rd down/receiving back, Njoku as TE and rising star WR Calloway to take the top off when OBJ is double-teamed. Plus a defense with some serious firepower already that just added Sheldon Richardson, Oliver Vernon, and is expected to sign S Earl Thomas. Plus getting set up with a Patriots-like division situation where they can sleepwalk to a playoff berth after playing the disfunctional Bengals, a Steelers team that's imploding and just lost Bell and AB, and Ravens who are going ahead with Lamar Jackson as their QB. Browns are freaking scary for the next few seasons where they have Mayfield on a cheap contract.

Browns acquired WR Odell Beckham from the Giants in exchange for 2019 first- and third-round picks and S Jabrill Peppers.
When talking about a top-three receiver in the sport who is just 26 years old and in the prime of his career, this is chump change the Giants are getting in return. The Giants will get the 17th overall pick in the draft and the second of the Browns' third-rounders, No. 95 overall. Peppers isn't a bad player, but he doesn't move the needle. Giants GM Dave Gettleman just signed OBJ to a record contract less than seven months ago and is now flipping him after saying he "didn't sign him to trade him" all offseason. The Browns were determined in their effort and had their sights set on Beckham all along. Joining Baker Mayfield, the two will grow together for years to come. Add in Jarvis Landry, David Njoku, Nick Chubb, and Kareem Hunt, this looks like a playoff team in Cleveland.

SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
Mar 12, 2019, 7:59 PM

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
When I found out last night, being a Giants fan, I almost threw up. What the fuck is this.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Good thing the Giants drafted a QB last year so they can begin the rebuild in earnest :/

Lions are looking like the Detroit Patriots with their signings, i'm not expecting much from Amendola but he's a he'll of a lot better than the slot receiver they ended the season with, same thing with Jesse James and the CB they just signed (although he got one hell of a deal for a nickle cb5 ) The Flowers signing is needed and i'd rather they pay him that money than a broken Ansah

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
When I found out last night, being a Giants fan, I almost threw up. What the fuck is this.

When you're done throwing up about the trade you can read this and throw up again when you realize 18% of the Giants 2019 salary cap is tied up in dead money from two trades including OBJ who is no longer with the team.

One final note about the salary cap. The absorption of the $16 million in dead money from the Beckham trade and the $8 million from the Vernon trade (in addition to what was on the books before) now pushes the Giants dead money to a league-high $33,656,400.

Good thing the Giants drafted a QB last year so they can begin the rebuild in earnest :/

Lions are looking like the Detroit Patriots with their signings, i'm not expecting much from Amendola but he's a he'll of a lot better than the slot receiver they ended the season with, same thing with Jesse James and the CB they just signed (although he got one hell of a deal for a nickle cb5 ) The Flowers signing is needed and i'd rather they pay him that money than a broken Ansah

Maybe the G-Men are looking for ammo to trade up in the draft - their #6 and the 1st rounder they just got from CLE for OBJ to trade with the Cards for the #1 pick to use on Kyler Murray? @DrunkenSano might need to be put on suicide watch if that happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: KMFJD

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
The Redskins have become the Browns of the NFL. They will be lucky to have 4 wins this year.

Although, it seems like the Giants are trying to contend with the Redskins for the last place in the NFCE. It's clear that the division will be won by the Cowboys or Eagles.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The Redskins have become the Browns of the NFL. They will be lucky to have 4 wins this year.

Although, it seems like the Giants are trying to contend with the Redskins for the last place in the NFCE. It's clear that the division will be won by the Cowboys or Eagles.

no more Crowder and hello Keenum.

lol, what a shitshow.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Crowder isn't even that great. He is like a 3 on a good team.

Now the current #1 WR is Doctson.

DOCTSON.

I don't know, I think Crowder is a solid #2 if you consider your slot receiver your #2--he's great running the slot...but he's easily the skin's best target. well, was.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I don't know, I think Crowder is a solid #2 if you consider your slot receiver your #2--he's great running the slot...but he's easily the skin's best target. well, was.
Don't worry though, we have Paul Richardson, Trey Quinn, Cam Simms, and Maurice Harris to help out!

(Yes I realize everyone is probably saying "WHO?" because that is what you should be doing)

Reactions: KMFJD

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
Maybe the G-Men are looking for ammo to trade up in the draft - their #6 and the 1st rounder they just got from CLE for OBJ to trade with the Cards for the #1 pick to use on Kyler Murray? @DrunkenSano might need to be put on suicide watch if that happens.

Yeah, I read about them basically dumping money away. There was no reason to give away OBJ at all to try to trade up on draft picks, they had one of the best WRs, arguably the best RB in the league. They just needed to build a solid O-Line, then they will have plenty of time to find a good QB. To me the O-Line was their priority to improve, a decent QB can do amazing with a good O-Line and good weapons. This was 100% retarded. I'm excited for the Browns though.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Looks like the Ravens snagged Early Thomas.

4 years $55MM. Teams are going nuts giving out FA contracts to safeties this year although this one looks like peanuts next to the Landon Collins 6yr/$84MM deal by WAS.

OTOH who knows what Indy is thinking as even after making the playoffs last year and having like $100MM in cap space this year, they evidently don't feel like spending any of it (except for Devin Funchess). Guess they'll hoard the cap money for next year or something and hope Andrew Luck's arm doesn't explode in the meantime.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Jets signed CJ Mosely to five-year, $85 million contract with $51 million guaranteed, per sources informed of the agreement. ouch

Nov 20, 2009
I have this t-shirt the wife bought me sometime early last year. It read Patriots vs. The World. I thought it was a little too much bravado at the time but now I wonder if it is a t-shirt worthy of pushing into the faces in public. Come on, wolrld, how old does Brady & Company have to be in order for y'all to prevent the Sight on Seven?

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000

Since I watch every Patriot game you got a great guy, he able to overpower a good amount of O-lineman plus he's very good at setting an edge and stopping the run, a huge bonus is he's rarely hurt and is a tough physical specimen. At 25 he's just coming into hi prime as well.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
So in more "The Giants front office has gone insane" news the rumors are they don't plan to draft a QB in the first round despite having 2 picks. I guess they see Brady winning the SB in his 40s and want to emulate that with Eli. Whose 2018 stats were admittedly not horrific (unless it's against a soft zone defense like Cover 2 where he sucks) but it's obvious he's in the twilight of his career and a succession plan is probably in order.

ESPN's Dan Graziano confirms the Giants will pay Eli Manning's $5 million roster bonus on Friday.
"He's what we have at this point," a source told Graziano. Although the Giants could save $17 million in cap and $22 million in cash by cutting Eli, a mandate from ownership has secured Manning's place on the team. Per Graziano, the Giants are so serious about their Eli commitment they may not take a quarterback in the first round of the draft despite holding the Nos. 6 and 17 overall picks.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
^^ I think it's just more that they have accepted a full rebuild and know this year they aren't going anywhere and are tanking. The QB class this year is pretty mediocre and next years QB class is supposedly going to be a gold mind. That's just what I've heard, as I don't follow NCAA football and don't know anything about prospects.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
G-Men sign Golden Tate to replace OBJ. Teddy Bridgewater gets offered starter role in MIA and says “nope” and re-signs with NO for less money than the ‘Fins offered to back up Drew Brees.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
What an odd trade. Does Tennessee know 2 average quarterbacks doesn't equal one good one?

Miami is better off with FitzMagic as their starter than Tannehill anyway. Nothing against the guy but if you as a team know the guy isn't your future answer it's more fair all the way around to cut him loose and look for the guy who actually will be "the guy."

Jun 18, 2000
Miami is better off with FitzMagic as their starter than Tannehill anyway. Nothing against the guy but if you as a team know the guy isn't your future answer it's more fair all the way around to cut him loose and look for the guy who actually will be "the guy."

Maybe, but Miami isn't winning with Fitzpatrick either. He'll have a good start to the season, then by October look like one of the worst QB's in the league just like every year. A 2 year deal tells me they are tanking this year to take a QB in 2020 to sit behind Fitzpatrick.