2019 Masters, go Tiger!.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
i really didn't think he'd do it when molinari was on fire through the first half today

but after moli's first hit in the water it seemed to give him life, and the second one sealed it

all of a sudden i feel like i am 15 years younger lol

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
i really didn't think he'd do it when molinari was on fire through the first half today

but after moli's first hit in the water it seemed to give him life, and the second one sealed it

all of a sudden i feel like i am 15 years younger lol
The 12th claimed 3 victims in the final groups, amazingly, there was zero wind as well. I've been there, it's only about 140Yds.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
The 12th claimed 3 victims in the final groups, amazingly, there was zero wind as well. I've been there, it's only about 140Yds.

yeah i was there a few years ago, not a long hole by any means. there must've been something with the wind just killing balls at 12 earlier today, cuz it happened to like 4 guys within 15 minutes.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
wow this is incredible

i was never a huge tiger fan over the years, more of a phil guy

but this is perfect

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Damn that video of Tiger hugging his kid and them then transitioning to him hugging his dad when he won his first Masters ... wow.

It got a bit dusty in here all of a sudden.

Reactions: BUTCH1

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Damn that video of Tiger hugging his kid and them then transitioning to him hugging his dad when he won his first Masters ... wow.

It got a bit dusty in here all of a sudden.
Indeed, one of the greatest moments in Golf history today, Tiger written off as dead, bad back, some bad decisions along the way, but he clawed his way all the way back to Masters champion at 43, 2nd only to Jack in age who won his last at 46. This took a lot of effort, sacrifice to get this done, I'm so happy for the guy.

Reactions: purbeast0

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
May be the best comeback in sports history. When I saw that last mugshot of him high as a kite, I thought he was done. I had goosebumps watching the ending. Well done!:beermug:

Reactions: BUTCH1

eng2d2

Golden Member
Nov 7, 2013
Didn’t think it would flip at the end. I left for church on the 15th. Checked at church and was surprised

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
I really didn't watch much at all of the Masters this year. But I knew the progress each day as Tiger became more of a common point of discussion, and did watch some of his play.

I've largely never been a particularly big fan of golf. To me it's a little like baseball; I absolutely love to play it, but it's not something I care to watch often. And that says nothing about my golf game, or lack thereof. lol

That said, I've got to say that I love seeing Tiger get that Green Jacket again. His performance recently has been sort of a statement, kind of a banner year of sorts, and it reminds me of bygone years when Tiger was always a point of discussion.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Not a big golf buff but enough of a sports guy to appreciate the game itself, was a Tiger fan until I saw him golfing with Trump. He has really bad taste in presidents, and many athletes have indeed found it easy to avoid Trump, usually in the manner of not going to the White House after winning a championship. So it would have been easy for Tiger to say no, but he didn't.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
So... now that Tiger is back in action, is Jack Nicklaus's record of 18 majors in jeopardy?

I wouldn't have thought it, but then I was expecting Tiger to have another final round meltdown this morning. Instead, it was Molinari who had the meltdown instead.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
So... now that Tiger is back in action, is Jack Nicklaus's record of 18 majors in jeopardy?

I wouldn't have thought it, but then I was expecting Tiger to have another final round meltdown this morning. Instead, it was Molinari who had the meltdown instead.
I saw a tweet earlier that said only 2 out of the top 10 finishers didn't shoot under par today.

Wanna guess who it was?

Tony Finau and Francesco Molinari.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I saw a tweet earlier that said only 2 out of the top 10 finishers didn't shoot under par today.

Wanna guess who it was?

Tony Finau and Francesco Molinari.

Heh, I guess that having a giant crowd following you around and screaming their heads off every time Tiger makes a good putt is a wee bit unnerving :)

Shlong

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2002
I really didn't watch much at all of the Masters this year. But I knew the progress each day as Tiger became more of a common point of discussion, and did watch some of his play.

I've largely never been a particularly big fan of golf. To me it's a little like baseball; I absolutely love to play it, but it's not something I care to watch often. And that says nothing about my golf game, or lack thereof. lol

That said, I've got to say that I love seeing Tiger get that Green Jacket again. His performance recently has been sort of a statement, kind of a banner year of sorts, and it reminds me of bygone years when Tiger was always a point of discussion.

I don't really like watching golf but The Masters is different. I make sure to clear my weekend every year, a lot of drama and nothing like the back 9 at Augusta. Can't really afford tournament day badges but thinking about purchasing some practice round badges next year.

Bubblehappy

Aug 14, 2010
Happy for the guy. He made some very bad choices and then his body went to hell and back. I'll never forget watching him win his first Masters, and I won't forget this one. So happy his kids were there to see his comeback.