2019 Canadian Federal Elections

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I, too, would vote for Mayne.

Seems better than that Ford fellow, anyway.

And I'd actually trust him with someone else's sister.

Paperdoc

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
Now it's the morning after, so yes, Liberal Minority. Of 338 seats,
Lib 157
PC 121
BQ 32
NDP 24
Green 3
Ind 1

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
I'm not up on Canadian politics. Which party is for open beaver/moose relationships and which is for building a wall to keep out people from Detroit?

Paperdoc

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
(Tongue firmly in cheek, he said ....)
Yeah, I've mused about how useful a border wall might be between Canada and the USA. For example, in the winter where I live one of the common repeating weather phenomena is a "Colorado Low" that forms in the US Southwest and travels north-north-east across the prairies and then across the Great Lakes, picking up water all along the way. Finally it gets far enough north (usually starting about Minnesota) that it starts dumping all that moisture as snow, and too often a LOT! How high would the wall at the border need to be to stop that?

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
(Tongue firmly in cheek, he said ....)
Yeah, I've mused about how useful a border wall might be between Canada and the USA. For example, in the winter where I live one of the common repeating weather phenomena is a "Colorado Low" that forms in the US Southwest and travels north-north-east across the prairies and then across the Great Lakes, picking up water all along the way. Finally it gets far enough north (usually starting about Minnesota) that it starts dumping all that moisture as snow, and too often a LOT! How high would the wall at the border need to be to stop that?

I've been to Detroit. If you get a chance to keep out the people, take it! Even if it means coping with all that snow you're getting off easy.

BTW, we get the same thing. A big cold wind blows down and across form the prairie provinces, hits the Great Lakes and picks up moisture that it dumps as lake effect snow on the southeast shores. You don't even need a "Colorado Low", any front that generates wind works. Buffalo gets buried in the stuff, but that's their fault for living in Buffalo.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I've been to Detroit. If you get a chance to keep out the people, take it! Even if it means coping with all that snow you're getting off easy.

BTW, we get the same thing. A big cold wind blows down and across form the prairie provinces, hits the Great Lakes and picks up moisture that it dumps as lake effect snow on the southeast shores. You don't even need a "Colorado Low", any front that generates wind works. Buffalo gets buried in the stuff, but that's their fault for living in Buffalo.

You haven't lived til you have driven in thunder snow through Pocono section of I-80 in PA

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Most importantly, Did Trump collude with the Russians to become King of Canuckistan?

Paperdoc

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
To get Canadians to choose Trump as King would take a lot more than Russian collusion - like, never!

Occam's ..., yes, although we don't get that where I live (further west), I certainly do not want to be in the "snow belt" east of Lake Huron.