Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I don't see another thread for this, so why not start one?

Let's hope the second game is worth watching because the first one wasn't.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Like most people with any sense, I think ND should not have been in there at all. Only 12 games and no conference championship. Georgia had to play Bama while ND sat on their asses, Just like when Bama destroyed ND a few years ago.

Bama looking great so far, but hoping for a good game after all. OK getting penalties, acting like they are better than they are playing. They have yet to play a defense all year long. Kicking 30 yards back? Good job.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Every single big call, or missed call going against Bana. It's pretty clear they're trying to make a game of this.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I tuned into the radio call a while back to find it was 28-0 Bama, just as OK has a 4 play drive for a TD and they get called for excessive celebration and unnecessary roughness before the extra kick. How bone headed is that? You just made it 28-6 and you are idiot enough to make a fuss about your single practically insignificant dent in your humiliating loss. I turned it off and forgot all about it until seeing this thread. Guess I'm lucky I can't get ESPN. The CFBS bowl games are usually dull affairs. I won't be watching Jan. 7.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Like most people with any sense, I think ND should not have been in there at all. Only 12 games and no conference championship. Georgia had to play Bama while ND sat on their asses, Just like when Bama destroyed ND a few years ago.

Bama looking great so far, but hoping for a good game after all. OK getting penalties, acting like they are better than they are playing. They have yet to play a defense all year long. Kicking 30 yards back? Good job.

Notre Dame never deserves anything as far as I'm concerned. Their joke of a basketball team needs to be kicked out of the ACC--a real conference--and join their garbage pissant football program in non-conference obscurity.

Seriously: teams that don't go through conference championship schedules/requirements should not be allowed to compete for national titles. Ever. Let's go ahead and remove UCLA's ~8 or so fake NCAA basketball titles while we're at it. :D

Reactions: pcgeek11

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
I agree. Join a conference, play all the games, or GTFO. Playing bullshit teams all year, with a few decent ones sprinkled in doesn't cut it.

It's absolutely disgusting how much these hack announcers want OK to win. They picked them pre game, and their clear bias is pathetic. Generally they're pretty good, but not tonight.

OK playing dirty as fuck, not getting called for it nearly as much as they're guilty of. Their O line played a good defense, and couldn't handle it. Tua showed who the real Heisman is. Not based off irrelevant stats, when Tua didn't play so many 4th quarters.

Last edited:

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
I will say, I kept getting tired of them talking about how great Murray played. Did they really look at his stat line?

19/37 308 yards 8.3 per 2 TD (horrible completion %)

Tua was
24/27 318 yard 11.8 per 4 TD (88.8% completion - demolition Andrew Luck's Orange Bowl Record)

I know Murray ran for 100 yards, but still, the real praise here goes to Tua. He had surgery on his ankle on Dec. 2nd and still played a near perfect game.

Wish I could see the face on Bob Stoops now. He so loathed the SEC. lol

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Agreed about the conference requirement. The championship game should be really good though.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
It's absolutely disgusting how much these hack announcers want OK to win. They picked them pre game, and their clear bias is pathetic. Generally they're pretty good, but not tonight.
I can't remember thinking that ESPN announcers were "pretty good." I don't get ESPN but occasionally do watch it, e.g. NBA on ABC, or the occasional football game or whatever one way or another.

I generally detest ESPN announcing and the attitude they project that if you are watching them, you're a "sports fan." The fuck!

Dig, the announcer pregame figures it's their job to make the game interesting in the event that team A is almost sure to beat team B. To that they inflate team B's prowess.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Well, they had to win the NCAA championship to get those titles, no slob's job. Fake? :rolleyes:

they never earned the right to be there, unlike dozens of other great teams in that era that actually lost a single conference championship game that eliminated them from tournament competition. UCLA played less games against largely shitty west cost competition in those days. The better teams of that era would be coming off of 3-4 straight days of grueling conference tournaments, but not UCLA.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I heard there was a game tonight?

Since I have no skin or emotional involvement with these teams, I'm pulling for the one with fans composed entirely of drunken rednecks with nothing going for them in their world other than their college football team.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
I heard there was a game tonight?

Since I have no skin or emotional involvement with these teams, I'm pulling for the one with fans composed entirely of drunken rednecks with nothing going for them in their world other than their college football team.
Hi.

:p

In truth, that's both teams. I've got a nice respiratory infection so I'll be the sober one.:(

C will have to be perfect and A screw up, imo.

And the game might not sell out. Duh, it's in Santa Clara and no direct flights in.:rolleyes:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Hi.

:p

In truth, that's both teams.

LG1KN-Q4_400x400.png

Mar 11, 2004
College football is getting nearly to MLB and soccer level of making me actively not give a shit about it. I don't think that even if I didn't have to listen to the constant fucking idiotic arguing about bowl games and tournaments (bowl games are the single dumbest fucking way you could ever work to the conclusion of a sports season), that I'd give a shit about it, but the fact that it has to happen, every, single, fucking, season, definitely has killed whatever interest I might have been able to bring forth.

This is why Georgia should have been in the 4 spot.

Oh yeah? So should Texas have been 3?

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Dang. Was hoping for a C win but I'd never have thought it would go they way it did.

Hootie Hoooo. :D