2018 & 2020

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The Dems have to start prepping sooner than later for these next two major elections. For the midterm elections I think they wait a bit to see how the first year of a Trump presidency goes.

For the 2020 Presidential election the Dems need to start poking around to find potential candidates. I like Biden a bit but not him - too old school although he is a straight shooter. Sanders is already 75 and will be pushing 80 in four years, so I don't think it's him as much as I'd wish it. I like Warren but she is 67 - but maybe make an exception for her?

It should probably be someone fresh and younger, think an Obama 2.0. The Dems need someone younger and who is a good orator. Younger as in like mid to late 40's up to early 50's.

I have no idea who some of the rising stars of the Dems are around the country in various positions of power. The only one I know of is the young senator from my state, Cory Booker. I just don't like his heavy ties to Wall Street.

Who is out there in your neck of the woods? I have no clue. Maybe you do.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
The Dems have to start prepping sooner than later for these next two major elections. For the midterm elections I think they wait a bit to see how the first year of a Trump presidency goes.

For the 2020 Presidential election the Dems need to start poking around to find potential candidates. I like Biden a bit but not him - too old school although he is a straight shooter. Sanders is already 75 and will be pushing 80 in four years, so I don't think it's him as much as I'd wish it. I like Warren but she is 67 - but maybe make an exception for her?

It should probably be someone fresh and younger, think an Obama 2.0. The Dems need someone younger and who is a good orator. Younger as in like mid to late 40's up to early 50's.

I have no idea who some of the rising stars of the Dems are around the country in various positions of power. The only one I know of is the young senator from my state, Cory Booker. I just don't like his heavy ties to Wall Street.

Who is out there in your neck of the woods? I have no clue. Maybe you do.

I do not think that they should bother putting forward a strong candidate in 2020 unless Trump is proving to be a failure. If things stay the same, or improve even slightly, an incumbent has too good of a chance of winning. Best candidate should be saved for 2024 unless DJT fumbles or decides to not run for reelection.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I said this in another thread. Dems need to go with a progressive, decorated Gen X war veteran. Seth Moulton could be an option.

In all likelihood, the establishment will push Hillary again or worst, it will be Chelsea's turn

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I do not think that they should bother putting forward a strong candidate in 2020 unless Trump is proving to be a failure. If things stay the same, or improve even slightly, an incumbent has too good of a chance of winning. Best candidate should be saved for 2024 unless DJT fumbles or decides to not run for reelection.

trump is going to fuck shit up. It is like hiring a guy to be a dishwasher and making him head chef of a 3 star Michelin restaurant. There is no way he will get up to speed. Either he surrounds himself with people who have been in the gov for a long time and are experts or grof help us.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
No more baby boomer Presidents, please. The world can't take much more of their bullshit.