2016 : Votes were altered. Hacked.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Reactions: imported_tajmahal

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Do you have anything from a more reputable source?
Not beyond what the article backs up it self, it is sourcing everything as far as I can tell. A particular source you dont agree with? (the intercept?)

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I was wondering when this story from Georgia would surface again. Even the backups were wiped.

Republicans and Russians both hate American democracy, and aren't opposed to lying, stealing or cheating in order to undermine it.

Remember folks:

Liberals and minority Americans represent voter fraud threats, so let's close down voting stations and limit hours, purge voter rolls, etc.

Russians are great and deserve a voice in American politics, so let's skip additional security measures, and keep the antique easy-to-hack machines with no paper trails.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

Did you notice the sourced links in the story? I see NYTimes, NBC, Time, Denver Post and Politico cited.

Do you have anything against the information provided?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
https://www.theroot.com/evidence-shows-hackers-changed-votes-in-the-2016-electi-1827871206

Georgia? As someone pointed out on reddit, the Georgia that deleted their servers when requested for audit? That Georgia? As Trump put it at Helsinki.. He would like to know where the servers are! Indeed. retarded×_%€×€=++£¥₩.

Security? What security? Holy shit. (#StolenElection?).
It so nice to know that this administration is actively trying to track down the culprits and protect us from this happening in the future. /S

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
its been reported for ages that the fbi knew prior to the election that states where attacked and possibly hacked.
but obama had them do nothing.
If you are going to lie pick a new one. Don't go with the already dis proven ones.

Reactions: Younigue

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Every election has hacked votes. What about the story that about Democrat voter fraud in black counties in Alabama? Get real, it happens in every state just that only the stupid ones get caught.
https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/07/alabama_investigating_absentee.html
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/38687642/voter-fraud-investigations-underway-in-2-al-counties
https://www.thenewamerican.com/usne...-alleged-in-heavily-democrat-alabama-counties
You are a moron. These are all allegations or investigations, no proven fraud.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
its been reported for ages that the fbi knew prior to the election that states where attacked and possibly hacked.
Do you realize how stupid you look. So who is in charge now, and what are they doing about it.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I suggest reading it. It reviews evidence of known hacks and then makes an assertion, "well if they got that far they must have hacked" albeit unproven.

Things I find interesting...

States that claimed no votes were changed didn't even know they were hacked.
We should have had a 50 state audit of the votes. Don't know the law but I think only states can order. Some can't. Some don't want to.
We know voter databases were hacked and voting machines were hacked. It would only a few steps away from vote changing.
How do we know if voters weren't removed the roles as a result of a hack?

I most cases the resulting chaos that would ensue would make governments afraid of the possible answer of a full audit.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
You are a moron. These are all allegations or investigations, no proven fraud.
<<Curiosities are not confined to these two counties, however. Merrill said his office is looking into 22 instances of election issues in Montgomery. Twelve issues were reported at the polling location at ASU’s Acadome and 10 were reported at the Huntingdon College location.

Merrill said all probate offices utilizing the electronic poll book would eliminate human error in instances like these.
>>
This only further backs my point that there are allegations in every state of voter fraud. Don't be a cherry-picking ostrich, bro.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I have no idea if the blogger is correct here, but his logic, at least in regards to the state of Georgia, seems sound.

Anyone look at the CEP report linked in the blog which grades each state's election security using a 7 factor analysis? It isn't pretty.

https://cdn.americanprogress.org/co.../020118_ElectionSecurity-report11.pdf#page=31

Summary: 10 states (Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island) received a solid grade of "B." 17 states (Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas) got "D's" or "F's." The rest got "C's." There were no "A's."

Yikes.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
<<Curiosities are not confined to these two counties, however. Merrill said his office is looking into 22 instances of election issues in Montgomery. Twelve issues were reported at the polling location at ASU’s Acadome and 10 were reported at the Huntingdon College location.

Merrill said all probate offices utilizing the electronic poll book would eliminate human error in instances like these.
>>
This only further backs my point that there are allegations in every state of voter fraud. Don't be a cherry-picking ostrich, bro.
Allegations do not = voter fraud, repubs "use" allegations with zero to proof to enact voter ID laws. If there was widespread in-person voter fraud, they'd have convictions to back it up...surprise they don't.

Reactions: dank69

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Allegations do not = voter fraud, repubs "use" allegations with zero to proof to enact voter ID laws. If there was widespread in-person voter fraud, they'd have convictions to back it up...surprise they don't.
It's the stupidest and hardest way to commit voter fraud. Should be looking at how votes get counted, absentee ballots, and numerous internal ways.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
It's the stupidest and hardest way to commit voter fraud. Should be looking at how votes get counted, absentee ballots, and numerous internal ways.
Except my first link did show absentee ballot fraud:
Large voter turnout during Tuesday's primary runoff in several Black Belt counties is prompting Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill's Office to investigate the possibility of voter fraud in Wilcox and Perry counties.

The review, Merrill said Wednesday, comes after an inordinately high number of absentee ballots were returned in the two impoverished, rural counties.

Merrill said he is looking into to prospects of absentee broker operations, in which campaign workers or people with an unknown organization, exchange gifts or cash for absentee ballots.

Perry County, in particular, raised a concern with Merrill after he said one of his election observers was threatened with arrest on Tuesday.

"This is a situation where people are taking advantage of others," said Merrill. "There is a crime if people are stealing voters and are paying people to vote in a certain way. That is obviously a crime."

Said Merrill: "It's not something we are tolerating or accepting."
Expect arrests to come shortly.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Actually what's been reported in the credible media is that the FBI has told states they were being attacked and hacked and the states told them "no we're not being or have ever been hacked" and also refused federal support for election IT security.

Anyway I can't say for sure if there was mass election fraud with vote changing from a foreign actor. No one is really watching, the systems we are using are ancient and not really designed to deal with these sorts of thing, and those who benefited are in power and don't seem to really care.

Last edited:

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Almost two years since the election and still nothing, shortly means how long exactly, theyve already had almost two years.
Well they just found out about the "inordinately high amount of absentee ballots", so now they're doing something about it. Not like they found out 2 years ago and sat on it.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Every election has hacked votes. What about the story that about Democrat voter fraud in black counties in Alabama? Get real, it happens in every state just that only the stupid ones get caught.
https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/07/alabama_investigating_absentee.html
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/38687642/voter-fraud-investigations-underway-in-2-al-counties
https://www.thenewamerican.com/usne...-alleged-in-heavily-democrat-alabama-counties

We need to have you and your party arrested and arraigned for treason

Reactions: Younigue