*** 2016 NBA Playoff thread ***

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
The Warriors have become more hated than LeBron apparently lol.

They would be my "local" team, but I don't really follow the NBA that much so I don't have a team, just loved seeing the Lakers lose. I can't find much logical reasons to dislike GSW, unless what's his name with the groin kicking.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
They would be my "local" team, but I don't really follow the NBA that much so I don't have a team, just loved seeing the Lakers lose. I can't find much logical reasons to dislike GSW, unless what's his name with the groin kicking.

Lakers didn't lose when they last played GSW though

:D

all good - KB has much better things to do than playing basketball anyway

20160429_JJ_Kobe_Ghostbusters8028-copy.jpg

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Game 2 is tonight at 5:00 PM Pacific (8PM ET) on ABC

NBA finals schedule on ABC:

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2016/story/_/id/15839701/nba-nba-finals-schedule

• Game 1 - June 2 Thursday, Cavaliers at Warriors, 9 p.m. on ABC
    [*]Game 2 - June 5 Sunday, Cavaliers at Warriors, 8 p.m. on ABC
  • Game 3 - June 8 Wednesday, Warriors at Cavaliers, 9 p.m. on ABC
  • Game 4 - June 10 Friday, Warriors at Cavaliers, 9 p.m. on ABC
  • Game 5* - June 13 Monday, Cavaliers at Warriors, 9 p.m. on ABC
  • Game 6* - June 16 Thursday, Warriors at Cavaliers, 9 p.m. on ABC
  • Game 7* - June 19 Sunday, Cavaliers at Warriors, 8 p.m. on ABC

*if necessary

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Cleveland doesn't even look interested. Not sure this is even going to 5 games.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Cleveland doesn't even look interested. Not sure this is even going to 5 games.

they know there's no point

because this is cleveland, and once it gets to a finals game, there's never a point. we will always ultimately lose.

but at least GS winning in cleveland means i get a free doritos taco on june 15th!

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Total bloodbath. After the half, this is what a college team vs nba team would probably look like.

Oct 20, 2005
I almost feel sorry for Cleveland. This is too easy.

During the 2005-2006 NBA finals, the Mavs (Go Mavs!) were up 2-0 against the Heat. In game 3, they were up by something like 17 in the 3rd period. Then the refs gave 50 foul calls to D Wade and the Heat came back to win not only game 3, but the next 3 games. It's hard to win against 8 players. Boy was I pissed. 2010-2011 helped redeem that somewhat, but I'm still somewhat salty.

So my point is, the refs could let Cavs win still. LOL.

Tequila

Oct 24, 1999
During the 2005-2006 NBA finals, the Mavs (Go Mavs!) were up 2-0 against the Heat. In game 3, they were up by something like 17 in the 3rd period. Then the refs gave 50 foul calls to D Wade and the Heat came back to win not only game 3, but the next 3 games. It's hard to win against 8 players. Boy was I pissed. 2010-2011 helped redeem that somewhat, but I'm still somewhat salty.

So my point is, the refs could let Cavs win still. LOL.

True anything is possible but GS has a much better bench, is far superior defensively and winning easily with Steph&Klay under performing.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
Just as I thought, WCF was the real NBA Finals. This is just an encore of the dubs before they receive another trophy. Really sad. This game 2 was a must win for the Cavs to me, and they just didn't show up. The east is just pathetic.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
True anything is possible but GS has a much better bench, is far superior defensively and winning easily with Steph&Klay under performing.
This

Cavs not winning this game for me solidified the Warriors going back to back. They don't look good at all.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
This is a real shame for us Miami fans. Really broken up about LeBron not succeeding in Cleveland.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Just as I thought, WCF was the real NBA Finals. This is just an encore of the dubs before they receive another trophy. Really sad. This game 2 was a must win for the Cavs to me, and they just didn't show up. The east is just pathetic.

dude.

but parity, right?

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Cleveland had a chance in the first two minutes when Golden State came out, bricked 4 straight 3's and looked like they just wanted to play behind the arc...
But instead Bogut protected the rim, and Golden State started passing the ball until their 3's fell. They had another lull at the end of the first quarter but it's only a matter of time till the shots fall at Oracle and it was clear Cleveland wasn't going to score 90.

It doesn't look like it but Cleveland can win the next two. They are a different team at home as evidenced in the Toronto series. The Golden State bench also played terribly at OKC, and could disappear again in Cleveland. Lebron has also been completely out played by Iguodala... If he actually shows up the Cavs could win. However, it appears Oracle is closed to the Cavs and I think the Warriors take one if not two in Cleveland.

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004
Yeah, GS played good defense which is awesome but they have just protected their home court. Let's see if they can take one in Cleveland.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Total bloodbath. After the half, this is what a college team vs nba team would probably look like.
Conclusions: OKC really is the only other elite team right now in the NBA. San Antonio had a tremendous season but wilted in the playoffs, guess they are over the hill. Those, and the Western Conference >>>>> Eastern Conference.

GSW were on the brink a few days ago: 3 games in a row over OKC, who were crushing them, or humiliation. Epic stuff. Time for a victory lap.

Last edited:

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Conclusions: OKC really is the only other elite team right now in the NBA. San Antonio had a tremendous season but wilted in the playoffs, guess they are over the hill. Those, and the Western Conference >>>>> Eastern Conference.

GSW were on the brink a few days ago: 3 games in a row over OKC, who were crushing them, or humiliation. Epic stuff. Time for a victory lap.

It's been funny to watch the first two games of the finals after watching Warriors-Thunder. The Thunder had a shot to win because they were extremely physical with the Warriors. The Warriors were forced to up their own physicality to match, and get a miracle game out of Klay. Unfortunately for the Cavs, the Warriors are still playing this physical game from the previous round. The Cavs just came out of a physical series with Toronto, but they don't seem interested in scrapping with Golden State.