2014 Toyota Corolla your thought?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004
It always makes me laugh when I see someone driving a Corolla S like it is some kind of hopped up version of an econobox. Really? :confused: My 10 year old Maxima with 125,000 miles will smoke you dude.

This.

No joke, saw one about a week back with the license plate 'MYSUPRA'. Definitely not delusional there...

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004
Few know this - but Toyota was putting in the Celica GTS motor in the Corolla and called it the XRS. Think they started this in 2004 and kept it up for a few years.

170HP/127TQ and a 6spd manual from the 1.8L 4-banger

Toyota would be fools to reqork the Corolla - they need to kepp it as bland as boring as possible. Their owner base does not ask for a change.

127tq is abysmal. Nothing to brag about here. Does it have VTEC yo?

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
This.

No joke, saw one about a week back with the license plate 'MYSUPRA'. Definitely not delusional there...

Hahahaha, I have no idea why, but Corollas seem to be the most insane drivers I've ever seen around here. 3/4ths of them are driving like Mario Andretti on meth, the other 1/4 of them seem like maybe they fell asleep or are about to pass out from being drunk. I avoid being near them if possible.

PhoKingGuy

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2007
Hahahaha, I have no idea why, but Corollas seem to be the most insane drivers I've ever seen around here. 3/4ths of them are driving like Mario Andretti on meth, the other 1/4 of them seem like maybe they fell asleep or are about to pass out from being drunk. I avoid being near them if possible.

I had a rental 2012 Corolla with like 2k miles on it a couple weeks back. Does anyone else notice that you need to CONSTANTLY adjust the steering wheel even when you're driving in a straight line on the highway? It was very very very annoying.

Also, it had a touchscreen BT radio but no cruise control, that was quite odd.

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
i freaking hate corollas. had to drive a friend's in college and that thing was basically like a hovercar - inputs to steering and throttle are mostly suggestions as to where you'd like to end up. hate that car.

We have some newer ones at work, 2011 or 2012, they are horrid. That is not even the word honestly. Brutal cars.