2014 study: 63% of non-citizen households used welfare programs. 50% of those are illegals.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
never going to happen until the minority party actually cedes to the will of the people instead of repeatedly cheating their way into power.

Until then, fuck off you brainless fascist stooge.
I wonder just where the Right Wing got this idea that we are "One Nation Under God" Consider the many of the Founding Fathers were not only Deist but out right hostile to Organize Religion.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I wonder just where the Right Wing got this idea that we are "One Nation Under God" Consider the many of the Founding Fathers were not only Deist but out right hostile to Organize Religion.

Because our population has been historically christian and many of them feel the values of America are based of those christian / jewish values.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
never going to happen until the minority party actually cedes to the will of the people instead of repeatedly cheating their way into power.

Until then, fuck off you brainless fascist stooge.

It is also worth pointing out that it is actually our Republican President that is the most divisive person in politics right now. He is still holding campaign rallies when he should be bringing us together, he is insulting his opinion just for disagreeing with him, he is attacking the media and Democrats as the enemy of the people just because they don't support him. He is the reason for the divisions, he maintains them for his political gain. His entire leadership strategy is one of divide and conquer. What he is doing is dangerous, and he doesn't care as long as he gets more power.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Because our population has been historically christian and many of them feel the values of America are based of those christian / jewish values.
If they bother to actually read the Constitution, they will discover real quick that the US was in no way founded on any form of Christianity.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
If they bother to actually read the Constitution, they will discover real quick that the US was in no way founded on any form of Christianity.

In a technical sense I totally agree with you. But in a practical way, it was christians that built the country for the most part, christianity has heavily influenced our society. I'm a non-believer, I don't believe a talking snake convinced a rib woman to eat a cursed piece of fruit. Some people do. That's the beauty of our country, everyone is welcome and you're free to find liberty and worship however you want so long as you're not harming others. But to deny christianity hasn't played a major role in shaping out society would be revisionist history.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
In a technical sense I totally agree with you. But in a practical way, it was christians that built the country for the most part, christianity has heavily influenced our society. I'm a non-believer, I don't believe a talking snake convinced a rib woman to eat a cursed piece of fruit. Some people do. That's the beauty of our country, everyone is welcome and you're free to find liberty and worship however you want so long as you're not harming others. But to deny christianity hasn't played a major role in shaping out society would be revisionist history.
I'm not denying the influence or role that various forms of Christianity have had on the US.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I don't think you have shown what you think you have shown. Nothing wrong with legal immigration, wanting to monitor it or limit it doesn't mean people are against it. You think you proved when you in fact showed nothing.
Except you claimed nobody was against legal immigration and you were provided evidence that the GOP is indeed against legal immigration.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I don't think you have shown what you think you have shown. Nothing wrong with legal immigration, wanting to monitor it or limit it doesn't mean people are against it. You think you proved when you in fact showed nothing.

You said nobody was against immigration, just illegal immigration. ~75% of elected Republicans in Congress voted to limit legal immigration, showing conclusively that they are against both legal and illegal immigration.

You are just too childish and petulant to admit you were wrong. I get it though, the position of the Republican Party on immigration is pants-on-head crazy so you feel the need to lie about what it is.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
You said nobody was against immigration, just illegal immigration. ~75% of elected Republicans in Congress voted to limit legal immigration, showing conclusively that they are against both legal and illegal immigration.

You are just too childish and petulant to admit you were wrong. I get it though, the position of the Republican Party on immigration is pants-on-head crazy so you feel the need to lie about what it is.

That isn't being against it. That is being for it, but regulating it and limiting how many. You know how you guys argue that you aren't anti-2A but want sensible gun restrictions? This is like that.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
That isn't being against it. That is being for it, but regulating it and limiting how many. You know how you guys argue that you aren't anti-2A but want sensible gun restrictions? This is like that.

Like I said, it's fun to watch the mental gymnastics in action. By your logic if someone were to support a single immigrant entering the US each year they would not be anti-immigrant. Also, if someone told you they wanted to reduce the number of guns in the US by 40% you would absolutely, undeniably call them anti-gun (as would I). Your argument here is irrational.

I am not at all surprised you aren't adult enough to admit being wrong but at least everyone else will see it.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ha Ha, when I was younger I used to joke around that immigration should be limited to good looking young women who are willing to marry men who can't get a woman at all.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Like I said, it's fun to watch the mental gymnastics in action. By your logic if someone were to support a single immigrant entering the US each year they would not be anti-immigrant. Also, if someone told you they wanted to reduce the number of guns in the US by 40% you would absolutely, undeniably call them anti-gun (as would I). Your argument here is irrational.

I am not at all surprised you aren't adult enough to admit being wrong but at least everyone else will see it.

You haven't shown what you think you've shown. You fill in the gaps with projection, though. I'm not going to go on endlessly with you being wrong and refusing to admit it. There is nothing wrong with sensible limits, that isn't being anti-immigration.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You haven't shown what you think you've shown. You fill in the gaps with projection, though. I'm not going to go on endlessly with you being wrong and refusing to admit it. There is nothing wrong with sensible limits, that isn't being anti-immigration.

First, considering the US needs more immigration not less reducing it by 40% is not sensible in any way. Second, your argument that attempting to reduce the number of immigrants entering the US by nearly half is not anti-immigrant is comically dishonest. I don't think you're very smart but I know you're smart enough to know you're lying here.

You are simply making pro-Trump people look worse and worse. When people see this sort of irrational xenophobia it turns them off from Republicans so I guess I should thank you for helping liberals out!

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
First, considering the US needs more immigration not less reducing it by 40% is not sensible in any way. Second, your argument that attempting to reduce the number of immigrants entering the US by nearly half is not anti-immigrant is comically dishonest. I don't think you're very smart but I know you're smart enough to know you're lying here.

You are simply making pro-Trump people look worse and worse. When people see this sort of irrational xenophobia it turns them off from Republicans so I guess I should thank you for helping liberals out!

Nope, nothing at all wrong with wanting sensible limits in regards to how much we spend and how many people we can properly process. I know you want a borderless globalist world, but we are a nation with borders and nothing wrong with expecting those borders to be respected. All you've shown is that Republican politicians respect legal immigration and want realistic limits on who we let in to our country.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Nope, nothing at all wrong with wanting sensible limits in regards to how much we spend and how many people we can properly process. I know you want a borderless globalist world, but we are a nation with borders and nothing wrong with expecting those borders to be respected. All you've shown is that Republican politicians respect legal immigration and want realistic limits on who we let in to our country.
Who exactly wants a border less Globalist World? I certainly don't.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

The thing is the fact that you were wrong is so obvious that I know you know it too. You're just either too proud or too dishonest to admit it.

I've noticed that you've gotten quite good at constantly repeating the same arguments no matter what anyone else says and no matter how badly they've been discredited, which is straight out of the propaganda playbook. In fact I'd say it's the only thing I've seen about you on here that seems competent at basically anything. You're not smart or creative enough to make the 'former liberal' character work but you are good at mindless repetition.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Who exactly wants a border less Globalist World? I certainly don't.

Actually, I would love such a thing. One government that actually represented all of mankind, a virtual end of war? All these various governments do is separate us into tribes, when there is little need for such a thing anymore. I am not all that different from any other human, why does what geographic location I live in matter?

I just don't think we are anywhere near being able to do it. We have a long way to go as a species before we can agree on a government that could fairly represent us all.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

He's getting slick now, isn't he? Moving away from the hatin' on the moochers angle to the "Well, you need to be reasonable" routine. With "borderless globalist" aspersions as his strawman.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
It comes down to whether or not you want the US to be able to project power anywhere in the world on short notice. If you do, that’s very, very expensive. If you don’t, we can cut military spending by 50%.

Personally I’m always surprised at conservatives who claim to hate military adventurism not getting on board with massive cuts. Can’t start a war half a world away if you don’t have the means.

I agree 100%. And I do.

Alpha One Seven

Golden Member
Sep 11, 2017
No. We were one nation indivisible. Now we're one nation divided because a bunch of idiots think they speak for a God.
Whatever happened to 'we must accept other regardless of their differences and embrace our common goals'? How quickly they abandon that when the shoe is on the other foot.