2014 Layoffs and Business closings

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Communistfornia contributes more than just entertainment. I eat fruit grown in the state.

The original comment was about how much money the state makes.

My question was how much does the state bring in if you subtract everything from the entertainment industry. My opinion is the entertainment industry contributes a lot of money and tax dollars to the state.

For some reason a lot of people are quick to protect this parasite of a state.

Actually, it brings in very little compared to it's other industries. Idiot.

Parasite of a state? Again, you're an idiot.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Refineries - 18 (16 operating)
http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pnp_cap1_dcu_sca_a.htm

Chemical plants - California has about the same amount as Texas.
http://www.epa.gov/sectors/sectorinfo/sectorprofiles/chemical/map.html

Shipyards - 10 (1 Naval, 9 private)

So they do contribute something after all.

Actually, it brings in very little compared to it's other industries. Idiot.

Parasite of a state? Again, you're an idiot.

Instead of posting insults, take a lesson from Londo_Jowo.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
So they do contribute something after all.

Instead of posting insults, take a lesson from Londo_Jowo.

A simple google search would solve your problem. Maybe, instead of doing your own work, you should educate yourself. Idiot.

You'll soon realize that CA outproduces in many industries that your small little brain thought TX led in.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Plenty but when someone like yourself posts time after time with your ignorance and stupidity, expect to be called an idiot.

I heard people who have fetal alcohol syndrome have anger issues.

Did your mother drink a lot when she was carrying you?

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
I heard people who have fetal alcohol syndrome have anger issues.

Did your mother drink a lot when she was carrying you?

She doesn't drink. I'm guessing you were born with a brain defect b/c at your age, it's hard to believe somebody can be as ignorant and stupid about the country as you. And you'd think you would know how to use google by now.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
She doesn't drink. I'm guessing you were born with a brain defect b/c at your age, it's hard to believe somebody can be as ignorant and stupid about the country as you. And you'd think you would know how to use google by now.

Did your dad not molest you, but you wish he had?

There has to be a reason why there is so much anger in your post.

Pulsar

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2003
Texashiker said:
Did your dad not molest you, but you wish he had?

There has to be a reason why there is so much anger in your post.

Quoted for proof, and reported.

Nov 25, 2013
What does commiefornia contribute to the rest of the union?

Your chart shows a lot of basic stuff that people need - education, health care, real estate, government, finance,,, which creates no real wealth.

The only thing on that chart that creates a physical object that could be considered real wealth is construction, mining, and manufacturing.

Like I said, besides entertainment commiefornia contributes little to the rest of the union.

Is it simply that you were poorly educated or is it just willful ignorance?

I will repeat, the 12th largest economy in the world if you compare the state of California to the economies of all the counties of the world.

"According to the California Department of Food and Agriculture, "California agriculture is nearly a $36.6 billion dollar industry that generates $100 billion in related economic activity."[36] The state’s agricultural sales first exceeded $30 billion in 2004,[37] making it more than twice the size of any other state's agriculture industry."

"California is the leading dairy state.[38] Milk is California's number two farm commodity.[37] Exports of almonds continued to be the top commodity from California, with a value of $2.83 billion in foreign sales. Dairy and dairy products ranked second to almonds with a California total export value of $1.42 billion, a 24 percent increase over 2010. See http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/statistics/pdfs/2013/CA_Exports.pdf. California's dairy industry generated $47 billion "in economic activity" in 2004 and employed over 400,000 people."[38]"

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Is it simply that you were poorly educated or is it just willful ignorance?

I will repeat, the 12th largest economy in the world if you compare the state of California to the economies of all the counties of the world.

"According to the California Department of Food and Agriculture, "California agriculture is nearly a $36.6 billion dollar industry that generates $100 billion in related economic activity."[36] The state’s agricultural sales first exceeded $30 billion in 2004,[37] making it more than twice the size of any other state's agriculture industry."

"California is the leading dairy state.[38] Milk is California's number two farm commodity.[37] Exports of almonds continued to be the top commodity from California, with a value of $2.83 billion in foreign sales. Dairy and dairy products ranked second to almonds with a California total export value of $1.42 billion, a 24 percent increase over 2010. See http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/statistics/pdfs/2013/CA_Exports.pdf. California's dairy industry generated $47 billion "in economic activity" in 2004 and employed over 400,000 people."[38]"

Make it bold, italic, all caps. It won't pernetrate that thick skull.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Time Inc - 500 jobs lost

U.S. Steel - 175 jobs lost

Gencorp - 225 jobs lost

Volvo - 4,400 jobs lost

Great Northern Paper - 212 jobs lost

Manitowoc Cranes - 235 jobs lost

Zynga - 314 jobs lost

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
The economy is doing well, unemployment is at 6.6%.

You mean this economy?

Full-Time-vs-Part-time-16-plus-since-2000.gif

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
You mean this economy?

Full-Time-vs-Part-time-16-plus-since-2000.gif

Wow that is one of the most deceptively scaled graphs I've ever seen! Never realize at quick glance the chart is actually saying there are more than 4x as many people employed 35hrs or more than under.