2012 Presidential election results: Obama wins!

Page 23 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
4 more years!

(of spending)

Jp3aH.gif

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
I didn't think enough people would vote for him again, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised that so many idiots are out there. My great Country has been going down hill for years.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
I didn't think enough people would vote for him again, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised that so many idiots are out there. My great Country has been going down hill for years.

except its been getting better the last four years after the biggest decline in an 8 year period since the great depression.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
I'm moving my business to the Republic of Arizona. This election is fucked.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
so eailer tonight on here the morons were carrying on about how Obama only got the EC but Romney would win the popular vote. Obama wound up with the popular vote too. And since the epic failure that is Romney lost the EC by more than 91 I ended up winning a ton more $$$ on spread of the $$$ I bet on the election. GOD BLESS AMERICA

and god bless you Mr. Mitt Romney, when I'm buying my 512gb SSD drive tomorrow with my winnings I'll smile and think how you're inability to not flop on every issue more than likely lead to my new SSD goodness.

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
except its been getting better the last four years after the biggest decline in an 8 year period since the great depression.

That's right. Now you can surrender your fourth amendment rights and be searched without consent or reason fifty miles from the border.

You can be arrested by the military as a terrorist with no trial or charges provided.

You can redistribute money from the wealthy and give to the poor...just like Robin Hood.

You can be forcibly signed up and fined if you don't go for health care...but it's just a tax.

You can here more about how government allowed and was responsible for the average business.

You can hear how the United States Constitution isn't relevant any more!

More to come....and that was the short list. BTW the republicans had their hands in this as well.

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Also, I was hoping the democrats would take control of both house & senate. That way they cant keep blaming others when they dont get shit done.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
wow.. just about the worst concession speech in history. he prays that obama is successful? what a pudwhack

What is wrong with that? He seems to be religious, so praying that your next president is successful is what he should do.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
What is going on in Florida? Says 100% reporting but there is no decision yet?

Another four very profitable years for those republican pundits.

Last edited:

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
What is going on in Florida? Says 100% reporting but there is no decision yet?
The margin is half a percent. No doubt they're going through everything with a fine-toothed comb at this point.

"Florida law has an automatic recount trigger if the margin is within 0.5 percent of the vote."

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
The margin is half a percent. No doubt they're going through everything with a fine-toothed comb at this point.

"Florida law has an automatic recount trigger if the margin is within 0.5 percent of the vote."

Manual recount or computerised recount?

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
@neiltyson
Always been fascinated that in any state, counties with big cities or institutions of higher learning, tend to vote Democrat.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Dear Democrats:

Congrats on your win. Enjoy a day or two or a couple weeks of celebrating, you earned it.

Then please do something positive for the country.

Best of luck,
rudeguy

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
As an outsider, I think America has made the wrong choice. Obama has not been a good president for Canada, especially with his waffling on Keystone. Apparently Mr Obama's supporters would rather get their oil from a country that burns US flags and beats their women, then risk using "dirty" Alberta crude. Part of why Canadian economic recovery is stalling is because the US can't get its act together. So four more years of that doesn't bode well for us.

Of course there's the whole other kettle of fish that America sold out its future to the People's Republic of China. I'm not sure who's to blame for that. It's a lot of people across the board, unions, big businesses, politicians. However, the US government doesn't seem overly concerned. Certainly not Obama. The fact that the PRC owns such a big chunk of US debt is cause for alarm.

It's quite clear America has been heading in the wrong direction for years. We haven't seen this kind of political divisiveness and malaise since at least the 1970s. Largely for the same reasons things were so bad back then.

Do I think Romney could do a better job? There in lies the rub. He was a weak candidate with a weak platform going up against another weak candidate with a weak platform. Americans picked the devil they knew. He lost because he allowed the Obama camp to define him before he defined himself. A critical mistake. There never would be blanket bans on gay marriage or abortions. Obama knew that. Bush promised the same thing then never really attempted to seriously enact them. Those issues are best left up to the individual states. It's stuff said only to appease the religious right base. As for his abilities as president, I think his business skill would have helped, compared to the economically inept Obama. Though you still have the problem of lobbyists tugging at the strings of power. Such that few leaders know or care how their decisions benefit the nation as a whole. You've got two presidents both neutered by a corrupt system, neither of whom have the balls to call it out.

I really only care how Canada benefits from US policy and so far we've not been benefitting at all. Though if the economy remains in the toilet, it might be worthwhile buying US assets. Better have us own you than China.

Last edited:

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
As an outsider, I think America has made the wrong choice. Obama has not been a good president for Canada, especially with his waffling on Keystone. Apparently Mr Obama's supporters would rather get their oil from a country that burns US flags and beats their women, then risk using "dirty" Alberta crude. Part of why Canadian economic recovery is stalling is because the US can't get its act together. So four more years of that doesn't bode well for us.

Of course there's the whole other kettle of fish that America sold out its future to the People's Republic of China. I'm not sure who's to blame for that. It's a lot of people across the board, unions, big businesses, politicians. However, the US government doesn't seem overly concerned. Certainly not Obama. The fact that the PRC owns such a big chunk of US debt is cause for alarm.

It's quite clear America has been heading in the wrong direction for years. We haven't seen this kind of political divisiveness and malaise since at least the 1970s. Largely for the same reasons things were so bad back then.

Do I think Romney could do a better job? There in lies the rub. He was a weak candidate with a weak platform going up against another weak candidate with a weak platform. Americans picked the devil they knew. He lost because he allowed the Obama camp to define him before he defined himself. A critical mistake. There never would be blanket bans on gay marriage or abortions. Obama knew that. Bush promised the same thing then never really attempted to seriously enact them. Those issues are best left up to the individual states. It's stuff said only to appease the religious right base. As for his abilities as president, I think his business skill would have helped, compared to the economically inept Obama. Though you still have the problem of lobbyists tugging at the strings of power. Such that few leaders know or care how their decisions benefit the nation as a whole. You've got two presidents both neutered by a corrupt system, neither of whom have the balls to call it out.

I really only care how Canada benefits from US policy and so far we've not been benefitting at all. Though if the economy remains in the toilet, it might be worthwhile buying US assets. Better have us own you than China.

What?

How many Big Three factories do you guys have now? If we had killed off UAW, those factories would still be on our side of the river.