2012 Presidential election results: Obama wins!

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Obama: 56,078 vote lead in Florida. 97.4% counted. Assuming approximately equal sized polling stations, it leaves roughly 121,000 votes remaining. Romney would need 56k of those, plus more than half of the remaining =~88.5k of the remaining votes. That's 73% of the remaining votes - not gonna happen.

Not gonna happen. Hasnt going to have happened. Most of the outstanding votes have been in Democrat strong holds.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
NBC confirms Romney called Obama to concede. All over folks!

I must ask, what significance does this calling to concede have?

Whether you call or not, you lose. If votes turned out to be wrong, then that call didn't do anything. Either way, this gesture is useless to determine whether it's 'All over folks!' or not.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003

Whether you call or not, you lose. If votes turned out to be wrong, then that call didn't do anything. Either way, this gesture is useless to determine whether it's 'All over folks!' or not.

Just a small sign of respect.
Pretty much the "Good game" of Elections.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012

I don't believe it has any technical significance. It's just an opportunity to show a bit of class, and save the country from dragging things out when it is not necessary.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
wow.. just about the worst concession speech in history. he prays that obama is successful? what a pudwhack

Abraxas

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2004
That is what a concession speech should be; short, gracious, respectful, conciliatory, and delivered by a Republican. :p

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Speech was decent.

And the best part of it is -- I never have to listen to that man again.

Yea, I was saying the same thing to my wife earlier. Glad I don't have to see the Romney half smirk stare thing again. Hopefully we don't get Ryan 2016 so I don't have to see him either.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
gracious speech.. seemed like he had a good cry.. I wonder what Romney is gonna do now?