2011 Steam Holiday Sale DEAD!

Page 40 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
Not bad. Got Hoard, Hard Reset, Terraria, Fallout 3 GOTY, and Fate of the World. Only about $20.

zokudu

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2009
My Haul:

Dungeon Defenders + All cheap DLC (Gifted to me)
Dungeons of Dredmor
Psychonauts
RAGE (Gifted to me)
Saints Row: The Third (This game is amazing and kicks GTA IV's butt as far as PC ports go)

I also gifted:
Splinter Cell Conviction
Space Marine

sash1

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2001
Sale is over!

QQ. got off really light this year. last year was an expensive sale for me, but this year wasn't too bad at all.

final:
-bastion (<3)
-rock of ages (lol awsm)
-xotic (ooh pretty)
-binding of isaac (fuu)
-borderlands (gift)
-recettear/chantelise (should have gotten these sooner)
-section 8:prejudice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcUhyTv4uFc)
-dungeon defenders 4 heroes dlc (bought for myself and my friends who all play)
-shatter (picked up on last day because it was $2 and looked cool last year)

i enjoyed this years sale. having the achievements actually made me play the games. i still have games from last years sale that i've yet to touch. now i'm just looking forward to the next humble indie bundle and indieroyale bundle :]

CuriousMike

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
My haul:
Total War: Shogun 2
Grid
HOARD
SPAZ
Section 8
Machinarium
Hard Reset
F1 2011
Defense Grid DLC packs

01-02-12.png

Powermoloch

Lifer
Jul 5, 2005
Damage so far :O
Anomaly: Warzone Earth
X-SuperBox
Rock of Ages
OddBoxx
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy
Sol Survivor
Zeno Clash
Humble Indie Bundle 4
Rage
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Dungeon Defenders

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Didn't get too much. Quite a few indie games and Batman DLC really. I can't even figure out how to use the Batman DLC though... I start the challenge maps and I still only have a choice between batman and Catwoman.

SpunkyJones

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2004
I got away with a fairly inexpesive list this year, though my goal was to buy no games at all.

Rage
Dues Ex: Human Revolution
X super Box (X2, X3, etc)
Killing Floor: Steampunk character Pack 2

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
Only picked up Portal 2 this year. It's all I really am going to have the time for too. Still have plenty of hours of gaming to get through (New Vegas, STALKER, Vampire: The Masquerade, etc, etc).

IGemini

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 2010
Only got away with New Vegas and Bastion this year...it's just as well, I have games picked up from the sale two years ago I STILL haven't played yet. :$

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Got:

Nothing

Got everything I wanted on/around release day thia year. I cleared my wish list during last year's sale. Sigh...

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Got:

Nothing

Got everything I wanted on/around release day thia year. I cleared my wish list during last year's sale. Sigh...

I wish I could say that. My wish list only shrank by about 3 games. Got a lot of games that weren't on the list, added a bunch too.

Zorander

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2010
Time to stop regretting what games I didn't get during the sale and start playing the ones I did get. :thumbsup:

Please tell me if skipping Skyrim and waiting for it to get even cheaper was a wise move...

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Please tell me if skipping Skyrim and waiting for it to get even cheaper was a wise move...

A perfectly acceptable move. It will be even cheaper the next time it's on sale, and it will be less buggy after more patches. More power to you.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
For those who were curious, this is the kid who won the grand prize of every game available on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/iminrightnow

Yeah... will most likely go to waste.

Fun fact: Looking at my Steam library, I have ~115 Steam games installed, which take up a total of about ~400GB. If you want to do some really rough math, there's 2,203 games available on Steam; 2,203 divided by 115 is about 20, and 20 multiplied by 400GB is 8000GB.

So, a ballpark estimate of space required would be around 8 terabytes. I don't even want to think about how much time that would take to download.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I'd be happy just winning the top 10 from my wishlist....

The person who won the grand prize....ugh. Looks like it will go to waste imo.

Soccerman06

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
For those who were curious, this is the kid who won the grand prize of every game available on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/iminrightnow

Yeah... will most likely go to waste.

Fun fact: Looking at my Steam library, I have ~115 Steam games installed, which take up a total of about ~400GB. If you want to do some really rough math, there's 2,203 games available on Steam; 2,203 divided by 115 is about 20, and 20 multiplied by 400GB is 8000GB.

So, a ballpark estimate of space required would be around 8 terabytes. I don't even want to think about how much time that would take to download.

Im assuming the majority of your games are real games and not indie games, but I would have to say atleast half the games on steam are indie or dlc content. Most of those games are under 200mb so Id wager the size is closer 3-4tb. But that is a long ass time for me since I only have 3mbps, I would be dling for atleast 100 days straight :O

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Im assuming the majority of your games are real games and not indie games, but I would have to say atleast half the games on steam are indie or dlc content. Most of those games are under 200mb so Id wager the size is closer 3-4tb. But that is a long ass time for me since I only have 3mbps, I would be dling for atleast 100 days straight :O

Hahah true. I have a pretty good mix of AAA blockbusters and indie games installed, and I figured anything over ~100 titles was a decent enough sample size to make a guesstimate.

Thanks for making me feel a little better about my internet. I think of 12mbps being mediocre compared to what some people have, but at the same time, there are lots of people who would appreciate having that speed. :p

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
272 games installed (plus various DLC for some)
Steam folder size is 844GB

I have a large mix of AAA, Indie, to middle of the road games installed