2010 Kia Amanti revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
That does look very good, but it's a rendering and a bunch of masked photos. Also, a full size FWD car? Not sure if I want that.

I do respect the value of the Hyundai line, though. I'd definitely own one if I were in the market for a new car. That or a Fusion.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: sjwaste
That does look very good, but it's a rendering and a bunch of masked photos. Also, a full size FWD car? Not sure if I want that.

azera/amanti are based on the sonata platform, iirc. it's basically competitive with the impala, some buicks, and the avalon.

i wonder if the azera will go further upscale and compete with the ES

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by: ElFenix

azera/amanti are based on the sonata platform, iirc. it's basically competitive with the impala, some buicks, and the avalon.

Ah, nevermind, I thought it was a full-size. An Azera is no bigger than a Sonata then?

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Originally posted by: ElFenix

Ah, nevermind, I thought it was a full-size. An Azera is no bigger than a Sonata then?

No - Azera is bigger than a Sonata. BAsed on a stretched Sonata platform. Kinda like a Camry & Avalon - same platform - but a lsightly larger car.

Azera's biggest competitor would be the Avalon and Buick Lucerne.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Koreans are going the eat Japanese's lunch. They did it with RAM, did it with consumer electronics, going to do it with cars.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: senseamp
Koreans are going the eat Japanese's lunch. They did it with RAM, did it with consumer electronics, going to do it with cars.
Bloomberg this morning I think it was said this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for Korean cars because their currency is down significantly whereas the Yen is up, so it's made them instantly more competitive for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.