2009 Gas Price Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Many gas stations in the Detroit area are now in the 1.86 range. More bullshit thievery from Exxon.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
1-3-09
USA Canada
Today 1.653 73.238
Yesterday 1.643 73.623
One Week ago 1.635 74.805
One Month ago 1.795 83.476
One Year ago 2.761 101.328
Current Trend ^ v
Seems gas is starting to stabilize towards a necessary price which i feel is $2, and im sure some poster will come in here and claim how can gas be dropping, you have said its dropping, etc... however, there is only one way to get off of our dependence upon oil, and that is to cause oil to become more expensive than other alternatives, however that is another thread which i will post

This is for all of 2009 to discuss gas prices, i will update as often as i can, but my life doesnt revolve around anandtech like some. I will be pulling all national averages from gasbuddy.com

-----------------------------------------
This thread is going back to the same reason the previous thread was locked.

Accusations/innuendos without proof to back it up.

Senior Anandtech Moderator
Common Courtesy

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
It's been hovering in the upper $.60s here in my city (Canada) for the last month. I don't remember seeing them this low for a long time. $.49 was the norm when I was a kid.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: BarneyFife
Many gas stations in the Detroit area are now in the 1.86 range. More bullshit thievery from Exxon.

Not this crap again. If a company cant price its own product, who should then? Lets hear your ideas of how less than 50 cents profit per gallon is thievery. Go ahead.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: blackangst1

Not this crap again. If a company cant price its own product, who should then? Lets hear your ideas of how less than 50 cents profit per gallon is thievery. Go ahead.

Only in your warped, delusioned, and morally corrupt mind is collusion legal.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

Are you capable of intelligently defending your view? I would like an explaination of 1. How Exxon sets oil prices (something you have alledged), 2. WHO, in your opinion, should set pump prices, and 3. Explain why <50 cents oer gallon is collusion or criminal.

Or are you so entrenched in Dave's camp you are incapable of defending your position?

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001

Are you capable of intelligently defending your view? I would like an explaination of 1. How Exxon sets oil prices (something you have alledged), 2. WHO, in your opinion, should set pump prices, and 3. Explain why <50 cents oer gallon is collusion or criminal.

Or are you so entrenched in Dave's camp you are incapable of defending your position?

You obviously don't know what collusion is.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

You obviously are not capable of intelligent conversation. Nice one line response. Can you answer the questions please? Just give it a go.

Firebot

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2005

Collusion doesn't exist. There's a reason why prices are always going up and down in unison but it's not collusion, in fact it's the exact opposite.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
I filled up last night at 1.89. That is an increase of .42 in a week.

I bet the refinery had to shut down for New Years or they had to switch over to a 2009 blend or some other bullshit.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
I filled up last night at 1.89. That is an increase of .42 in a week.

I bet the refinery had to shut down for New Years or they had to switch over to a 2009 blend or some other bullshit.

Hey the 2008 blend was old and going to go bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.