2005 Cadillac STS Pictures and Info

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan
i think it looks awesome

my girlfriends dad just got one...very nice ;)

Huh?? The '05 STS isn't even out yet.

got one = getting one...put down his payment and such. eh, didnt feel like explaining, although in hindsight it would have saved me some ridicule. ill post pics when he gets it. ill get her to sit on the car and write ATOT on her left ass cheek for verification ;)

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan
i think it looks awesome

my girlfriends dad just got one...very nice ;)

Huh?? The '05 STS isn't even out yet.

i know people who know people who steal from people

I know people who know people who know people people who steal Cadillacs from other people's girlfriends' mothers' brothers' accountants.

do me a favor and spare me the harassment :) i provided no details, so i see how i looked like an ass monkey, but he really did "get" one, so back off :D

boomdart

Jan 10, 2004
Being in a family that has owned 3 cadillacs, all being new, I can say with first hand experience...Cadillacs suck my Insert random appendage. I got a hand-me-down '95 cadillac STS for myself, has 87,000 miles on it right now. It has already had it's transmission worked on twice, the idler pulley snapped leaving the bolt inside the engine block...Snapped again after replacing bolt, and now I am bypassing the idler pulley all together. The speakers' center pieces simply popped off, making the speakers sound crappy (glued back on with silicone, sounds fine now). The traction control no longer works for launches (however it still works well in the rain) the suspension in the front never was in the best condition, the heater does not blow through the front vents, I think I'll stop there...My post is getting a little messy anyway.

I have a '93 Thunderbird LX 5.0L V8 my mom bought new, has 196,000 miles on it, original transmission and engine, never been rebuilt, replaced the fuel pump and gutted the cats, change oil every time we remember to, been in 16 wrecks (two multiple car accidents) and body has been fixed every time, and the car works perfectly without a single hitch. Neutral dropped the car many times for showing off, tranny still works perfect. That's quality. And it shows why I am a Ford man (I have other examples, but I will not bore anyone with them).

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: boomdart
Being in a family that has owned 3 cadillacs, all being new, I can say with first hand experience...Cadillacs suck my Insert random appendage. I got a hand-me-down '95 cadillac STS for myself, has 87,000 miles on it right now. It has already had it's transmission worked on twice, the idler pulley snapped leaving the bolt inside the engine block...Snapped again after replacing bolt, and now I am bypassing the idler pulley all together. The speakers' center pieces simply popped off, making the speakers sound crappy (glued back on with silicone, sounds fine now). The traction control no longer works for launches (however it still works well in the rain) the suspension in the front never was in the best condition, the heater does not blow through the front vents, I think I'll stop there...My post is getting a little messy anyway.

I have a '93 Thunderbird LX 5.0L V8 my mom bought new, has 196,000 miles on it, original transmission and engine, never been rebuilt, replaced the fuel pump and gutted the cats, change oil every time we remember to, been in 16 wrecks (two multiple car accidents) and body has been fixed every time, and the car works perfectly without a single hitch. Neutral dropped the car many times for showing off, tranny still works perfect. That's quality. And it shows why I am a Ford man (I have other examples, but I will not bore anyone with them).

umm no offense but just because you have had very bad experience with a particular brand and VERY GOOD AND UNUNLIKELY experience with another doesnt mean that is the final answer

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
I think it looks great. I dig the front end and the sideshots. However, not a big fan of the verticle taillights, it works with this car.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: toant103
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
Originally posted by: toant103

s-class look alike.

How is that a S-Class? You not wearing your glasses? Its a large version of the CTS. ALL new caddys pretty much are going this way.

the rear doors. Compare it to an s-class

Text

You either need to put down the crack pipe or get new glasses.