2004 Electoral Map May Hold Surprises

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
# Iowa: Bush actually won Iowa, when one considers the votes that were cast on Election Day, but when the absentee ballots were counted, Gore had won by only 4,144, three-tenths of 1 percent.

Yep - Seems my household(not addressed to me;) ) was sent an absentee ballot even though none were requested...

Anyway - I have a good hunch that Iowa will become a glorious Red state this time around:D

CkG

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
# Iowa: Bush actually won Iowa, when one considers the votes that were cast on Election Day, but when the absentee ballots were counted, Gore had won by only 4,144, three-tenths of 1 percent.

Yep - Seems my household(not addressed to me;) ) was sent an absentee ballot even though none were requested...

Anyway - I have a good hunch that Iowa will become a glorious Red state this time around:D

CkG

are you implying that an absentee ballot/vote does not count the same as a vote on election day?

Nader got close to 30k votes in Iowa but he will be hard pressed to repeat that. The article plays out some interesting scenerios but fails to mention the impact of Nader i.e. on Oregon, Minnesota, Washington, New Mexico, etc.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: chowderhead

CkG

are you implying that an absentee ballot/vote does not count the same as a vote on election day?

Nader got close to 30k votes in Iowa but he will be hard pressed to repeat that. The article plays out some interesting scenerios but fails to mention the impact of Nader i.e. on Oregon, Minnesota, Washington, New Mexico, etc.

No, it was a quip about a "questionable" absentee drive sponsered by .... My wife is a registered ....
But hey - I guess Gore won here last time(by 4000 votes) but I don't think the Republicans are going to let Bush be defeated here this time.:D

The Naderator should prove to be an interesting piece to the puzzle if he actually can get something moving(except his lips :p )

CkG

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003

CkG

What the heck does that mean?? Absentee votes don't count? Whenever it is close the absentee votes are counted?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: tnitsuj

CkG

What the heck does that mean?? Absentee votes don't count? Whenever it is close the absentee votes are counted?

The first part of my post came from your link;) The second half is my comments. I forgot the {Q} tags on the first part.
Yes absentee ballots count - where did you get the idea that they didn't? Certainly not from my post. I'm just saying that the ... party here played a little game that came close to being questionable. But like I said - that election is in the past and we're on the look out for things like that this time and they know it. I expect Bush to win Iowa this time around.:D

CkG