2001/2002 Dodge Stratus Sedan

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
I'm on the verge of purchasing one of these. Anyone have any opinions on them or first hand experience? All the other sites I've visited to research have given it pretty high marks, but I want the opinion of my fellow ATOT members.

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
Don't think the Sedan comes in an R/T, only the coupe. I am getting the V-6 though.

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
They are actually releasing an R/T sedan later this year.

I think the Stratus (and it's pseudo-twin the Chrysler Sebring) are very nice-looking cars, and they are pretty cheap when compared to a comparably equipped Camry, for instance. The only downside IMO is that American cars still don't have the reputation for build quality and reliability like their Japanese counterparts.

However, the gap is always narrowing and I think the Stratus has a lot of positive traits. Go for it!

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
Want to hear my sob story on the deal? Good, I thought so. My lady and I went to look on the lot last night to finalize our decision and we decided to go for it. Went to the bank this morning, got approved for the loan at 7.9% APR, which isn't too bad. Then all hell broke loose at work and I had to get on a conference call until around 2:30 pm today, totally blowing the car purchase out of the water for the day. Anyway, went to the dealer and the salesman was kind enough to tell me that Dodge is on the verge of offering 2.9% APR for 60 mos. Anyway, that's it. It will hopefully work out for the best, but damn work for getting in the way of my enjoyment!

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Anything that says R/T rocks...

I am totally satisfied so far with my 2001 Neon R/T

and it's even more satisfying when i chew up some Civics with it too... :)