20 years of Seti@home

QuietDad

Dec 18, 2005
October 2 marked 20 years of Seti@home, most of it with this team. I have a hobby of refurbishing/using older hardware and it's served it's purpose to help burn in testing. I smile when I realize we now do the same total PPD in a day today that used to take us months

and years to do in the beginning. While I've jumped into other things for team evens and races, Seti is my thing. One day I will "tune"everything past the stock Lunatics and get the hardware better organized (I'm positive swapping my 750TI in my I3 with my 1060ti in a Q6900 HAS to do better)

And as fall arrives, there's 3 more dual cores to trow back in the mix!

We just keep crunching !

Untitled.png

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Congrats!:cool:

And I missed my 20th SETI anniversary on Wednesday!
Happy SETI birthday to me too! Where's the cake?? :D

I still run SETI, but only sporadically these days, a couple of months/yr I guess. I've been crunching quite a bit of Asteroids, Skynet, & LHC over the past few years or so, to name a few.

Last edited:

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Happy AT team day Pokey ;)
IIRC, I joined just a couple of weeks or so after I started crunching SETI.

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
I've posted this in another thread but I would like to bend the rules just a little and share with you probably the posting I have been the most proud?

Date of Posting: June 6, 2004

In the history of Seti At Home, only four teams have ever reached the 10,000,000 Work Unit Milestone!

That has just changed! TeAm AnandTech has joined SETI.Germany, Team Ars Technica Lamb Chop, OcUK - Overclockers UK, and SETI@Netherlands in the most exclusive 10,000,000 CLUB!"

I would like to congratulate all of those who have ever crunched SETI for the TeAm! :wine::D:wine:

I would especially like to congratulate and toast all of you who are still faithfully crunching to the bitter end! :wine::D:wine:

Cheers 'n Beers to All! :beer::D:beer:

I have captured the 10,000,000th WU screen and have even isolated "who" may have sent in "the" WU! :D

TeAm's 10,000,000 WU Screen

WIZ's SetiSpy Screen

SetiTeAm Snapshot

The best I could determine, the 10,000,000th WU was turned in by either:

"DarkFury" ... Ranked 653rd WU Total 2,032 "1"
or
"qt0cali" ... Ranked 320th WU Total 5,289 "1"

:thumbsup: