20 years in Prison, for going to Bathroom!!

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
He was only jailed for the night.

He should've listened to both the captain AND the flight attendants and stayed in his seat.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Disobeying/screwing with flight attendants has been a federal crime for quite some time now....he probably won't go for 20 years unless he's already got a record. Probably just give him a fine and/or community service.

Bigdude

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm not flying ever again, it's just not worth the hassle, I hope all the airline go bankrupt!

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001

<< Is this BS or was this guy really named Bizarro? >>

that's what i thought right away. lol.

Alienwho

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001

<< I'm not flying ever again, it's just not worth the hassle, I hope all the airline go bankrupt! >>

Yeah there's an idea, lets go back in time and take technology down 50 notches
rolleye.gif

Bigdude

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999

<<

<< I'm not flying ever again, it's just not worth the hassle, I hope all the airline go bankrupt! >>

Yeah there's an idea, lets go back in time and take technology down 50 notches
rolleye.gif
>>

I don't ask for permission to use the bathroom, and I will not fly around with my hands on my head!

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000

<< I don't ask for permission to use the bathroom, and I will not fly around with my hands on my head! >>

You wouldn't have to do either if you and your fellow passengers knew how to follow simple directions.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
What if the guy really really had to go?
Come on. If he peed in his pants, they would charge him with public urination and destruction of property. If he held it and got some kidney damage, he could sue the airline. So clearly it's unfortunate situation, but I don't think it's worth making a big fuss over.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

<< I don't ask for permission to use the bathroom, and I will not fly around with my hands on my head! >>

He doesn't have to ask permission to use the bathroom, he was asked to remain seated for all of 30 minutes. As it is, they always ask you to sit down and buckle up during descent which is like the last 20 min anyway!

The other passengers having to keep their hands on their heads is a bit much, I agree.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000

<< What if the guy really really had to go? >>

Anyone who's old enough to have pissed more than 100 times knows that you just don't suddenly have to go. If he REALLY had to go, he should've gone much earlier in the flight rather than wait for the end. Any grown person with simple bladder control can hold it for 30-40 minutes without a problem.

<< The other passengers having to keep their hands on their heads is a bit much, I agree. >>

But had three others gotten up, pulled out some kind of weapon, took over the plane and crashed it, you'd be saying, "Why didn't anyone do anything?"

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001

<<

You wouldn't have to do either if you and your fellow passengers knew how to follow simple directions.
>>

The directions are retarded in the first place. There's only ONE reason that man was prohibited from gonig to the bathroom - paranoia. To hell with the air marshals.

I'm not flying until all this stuff is over with. Screw them.

Bigdude

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Dick Cheney made a statement that we wouldn't change the way we live, but would change the way the terrorists live!

jcuadrado

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999

are you nuts....without airlines..we would be doomed....for business and pleasure it is still the best form of transportation..

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
That's why I haven't flown since 9.11
Not worth the hassle. Now I have to ask the stewardess if I can go to the bathroom. Like it's kindergarden. Very demeaning, and disrespectful. If I was the guy, I would just called the flight attendant and asked her if I can go to the bathroom, or is she going to bring me a cup :) Let her decide.
If the drive is under 10 hours, why bother flying.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

<< The directions are retarded in the first place. There's only ONE reason that man was prohibited from gonig to the bathroom - paranoia. To hell with the air marshals. >>

Have you ever flown in an airplane? As I said before: You are ALWAYS asked to remain seated and wear your seatbelt during descent (and ascent, too). The time period was extended to 30 min because of paranoia, but 15-20 min prior to the end of the flight it STILL always happens.
The reason is for SAFETY. During ascent and descent, the plane is not flying level and the pilot is banking and the plane is subject to more turbulence because it now must pass through cloud cover and atmospheric disturbances which cause more turbulence than normal. Basically, they don't want you up and about where you fall, be thrown, or be hit by flying objects should the plane shake or dip.

Again, passengers are always asked to remain seated at the end of the flight and it's not a whole lot to ask for an adult to sit tight for 30 min.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001

<< One of the agents said he saw Bizarro give what appeared to be a "thumbs up" to another passenger as he returned to his seat, prompting the marshals to take control of the cabin. >>

Play time is over onboard airplanes, boys and girls. The days of doing whatever you wanted on an airplane ended at ~0930 AM 9/11/01. Anyone who thinks any differently is going find themselves standing in front of a judge. Personally I hope they give him they max. Maybe that will get everyones attention who thinks the rules are childish and disrespectful.

SexEPid

Platinum Member
Aug 1, 2000
Exactly what Dave said.
I mean, its a simple rule, how hard is it to follow? It is not outrageous, its just some immature male breaking the law..I hope he gets what he deserves.

Pid

Braves

Banned
Dec 16, 2001

<< The incident was seen by two of three undercover air marshals on board, the FBI said. One of the agents said he saw Bizarro give what appeared to be a "thumbs up" to another passenger as he returned to his seat, prompting the marshals to take control of the cabin. >>

lol

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000

<<
Personally I hope they give him they max. Maybe that will get everyones attention who thinks the rules are childish and disrespectful.
>>

Yeah, let's waste $1M+ of lost tax revenue and incarseration, legal, and medical expenses for 20 years, and ruin some guys life because he had to go to the bathroom at the wrong time. That makes tonnes of sense.
Much better use of $1M than say giving full scholarships to 10 deserving students, or providing life saving antibiotics to 10000 people in third world countries, or even buying a cruise missle for the military.
Not to mention turning away even more people from flying than there were upto now. If I want to be strapped to my seat the whole time, I'll just put myself in a box and ship it fedex overnight. :D

mdennison

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2001
Airlines suck. We need more trains in America. I would travel 10x more if more trains were here. Airlines are bloated and inefficient(except overseas)