20% OFF EVERYTHING in Half Price Books!

cheesehead

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
At a recent visit to Half Price Books, everything was 20% off-INCLUDING video games. I picked up a copy of MechWarrior 4, Beond Good&Evil, and Homeworld 2, all for a grand total of 20$! UT2K3 was 8$, and MGS2 was 10.50.
Please note that this is only verified in a Pittsburgh store; HPB is a nationwidie chain so I suspect the same would apply in other places, as well.
-Cheesehead.

EDIT: Verified in Madison, WI as well! Sale may end tomorrow, however.

SelArom

Sep 28, 2004
www.djselarom.com
anybody confirm this in san antonio tx? I'm heading up there this week for the sole purpose of visiting this store!!

how are they on buying your old books? decent prices or pennies?

ttown

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2003
I love this store... thanks! I'll probably go tomorrow.

As for buying books: It's pennies.
I was VERY disappointed with what they gave me for a couple stacks of books I took to them -- and probably won't bother in the future. Also disappointing is the fact that you'll wait in line for all the other people who are getting _their_ pennies. (But you can shop till they call out your name)
I guess it's better than tossing your old books in a landfill.
BUT... they do give you a %-off coupon along with the pennies. I forget if it was 10% or 20%. Dont' know if you can combine the coupon with this 20% off deal -- making your visit HOT.

ttown

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2003
Went today... And good thing, cuz in Tacoma WA it ENDS TODAY. I figured it would at least run till Friday or Saturday.

I got a game strategy guide for $4.

Good deals I noticed were: Unreal Tournament 2k3 for $8 (as mentioned by OP), Indiana Jones: Emporers Tomb for $8, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow $14

As always with Half Price Books... YMMV

Devil2U

Nov 11, 2004
I am in Austin right now so I will have to check out the locations here.

Give me a heads up if you find anything good in San Antonio.