20 minutes straight of commercials on howard stern?

dolph

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
i was driving to work this morning and the radio was tuned to the local howard stern station, so i started listening to it. after a couple of minutes they went to commercial, and 20 minutes later i arrived at work and the show was getting started again. furthermore, just before i got out of my car they said something about having shorter commercial breaks. is this normal? or does the howard stern show usually spend 20 minutes on commercials?

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003
for as long as i can remember they've always had long commercial breaks. but i think it's usually toward the end of the show iirc.

at least they talk during them sometimes.

JHoNNy1OoO

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2003
My radio station morning show does something similar but its around 10 to 15 minutes. But they would have talked like about 30 minutes or so. In the afternoon we have 40 minutes of nonstop radio and thats when 20 minutes of commercials starts. :/

brunswickite

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
Stern alaways has these long commercials, they suck, esp when your drive to work is 30 minutes adn you get a 20 minute commercial.....

Ynog

Golden Member
Oct 9, 2002
Thats why I stopped listen to Stern. I could only take it so long.

labgeek

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2002
I stopped listening to Stern pretty quickly. Right after the "holy crap" factor wore off. Walton and Johnson kicks his butt.

Jul 12, 2001
yeah he has it....last year sucked becuase its always at the same time everyday and that was when i drove to school so i would get max 3-4 minutes...this year is better, i get in the car usually just at the end of the commericials and then he has a good 30 minutes of talk before the next commercial

and its better then some things...sometimes I listen to Tom Lykis(sp?) because when i leave work he is on the same station that stern was on and i didnt change it...he only has like 1-3 minute commercial breaks, but only has like 2 minutes of talk inbetween

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
He has 20 minute commercial breaks because he's on for 40 minutes straight most times.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Maybe cuz the guy is talentless on the radio, yet he's a TREMENDOUS salesman and suckered all those companies into purchasing commercial time, and he reaps the $$ benefit.

Stern sucks... period. Id rather listen to the commercials

waylman

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Homerboy
Maybe cuz the guy is talentless on the radio, yet he's a TREMENDOUS salesman and suckered all those companies into purchasing commercial time, and he reaps the $$ benefit.

Stern sucks... period. Id rather listen to the commercials

I like Stern. He is certainly not talentless. Anyone that just blabs for 40 minutes straight without boring me to death is a talented person. I just throw a CD on during the long commercial breaks.

Kevin

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
I used to listen to him a lot but when I drive to school is his commercial time. It seems they get all the commericials out between 6-8. Once 8AM hits, he's on for like an hour straight...

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Wow, at our stations we only do 3 minutes max, and that's too much in my opinion.