News $20 million raised in GoFundMe for Trump border wall to be refunded. Kolfage changed the description in a con to keep the funds.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Imagine that. The "Build the Wall GoFund Me was a con all along.

GoFundMe said Friday that it would refund $20 million raised by over 300,000 donors for President Trump's border wall after an account aiming to raise $1 billion for the wall changed part of its campaign.

Basically he changed it from "every penny going to build the wall" to all of it going to a non-profit he created with the "intent of getting the wall built."

What a scam. Thankfully GoFundMe doesn;t put up with scams like this. The irony is this kind of repurposing/funneling scam is exactly what got the Trump Foundation closed down and in court.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...PA-CHvZOPMBD0vrWpxCQc-Y69B-bJnhT12OwkIm4YyxZM

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

GoFundMe said Friday that it would refund $20 million raised by over 300,000 donors for President Trump's border wall after an account aiming to raise $1 billion for the wall changed part of its campaign.

Basically he changed it from "every penny going to build the wall" to all of it going to a non-profit he created with the "intent of getting the wall built."

What a scam. Thankfully GoFundMe doesn;t put up with scams like this. The irony is this kind of repurposing/funneling scam is exactly what got the Trump Foundation closed down and in court.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...PA-CHvZOPMBD0vrWpxCQc-Y69B-bJnhT12OwkIm4YyxZM

Trump has a whole school of grifters riding his bow wave, huh?

Jan 25, 2011
Holy shit he went full retard too.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gofun...nd-sheriff-clarke-for-new-non-profit?ref=wrap

Now Kolfage, a prolific operator of conspiracy theory Facebook pages, has recruited a team of prominent figures in President Donald Trump’s orbit to run a new 501(c)(4) nonprofit, named We Fund The Wall, to do some wall construction of its own. The new group’s board, Kolfage announced on Friday, includes Erik Prince, the founder of infamous military contract Blackwater; David Clarke, the former scandal-plagued sheriff of Milwaukee County; Fox News contributor Sara Carter; Tom Tancredo, an immigration hardliner and former Colorado congressman; and former Kansas Secretary of State and voter fraud crusader Kris Kobach

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

One wonders how a private charity is going to be able to get access to the private land that the wall would need to be built on

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Well, I'd love to mock these very fine people, but I'm gonna rock the boat instead. I find it very encouraging that out of 62 million people who fell for a lying sack of shits artisan bullshit, only 300k coughed up money for this grift.

Just another example of who Trump is and who he associates with. Maybe it will stick in people's minds this time, but I don't want to overestimate my fellow Americans again.

Reactions: greatnoob

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Go Fund Me pages are just BS. I have yet to see one that I would donate to. But of course I am just a conservative asshole, FYGM kind of guy as per most on this forum.

I do donate to several charities that are confirmed to not skim 90 cents off a dollar for their own uses. I have done this for many years.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
*sad trombone*

How many times does this need to happen to Trump supporters before they realize what is going on? Is it the church stuff maybe, does allowing yourself to be ripped off regularly by your pastor with 3 BMWs make people less willing to ask questions about political "charities"?

This whole thing is a con; if it was an emergency then Team Treason would have moved on it when they had total control of government over the last 2 years. Trump isn't looking for a wall, he's looking for a PR victory that serves as a smokescreen. Remember his phone call with the president of Mexico? "The wall is the least important thing we are talking about." Literally the only thing I've ever heard dipshit say about the subject that reflects the reality of border crossing numbers since 2000.

Odd isn't it? Meaningful environmental regulation shouldn't be done because it would cause economic hardship for America, so what if the planet is on the line. Likewise, somehow, it's perfectly fine to cause a financial crisis for hundreds of thousands of taxpayers and businesses alike - over not wanting to look foolish. He gets that tunnels go under walls, that things can be flung over them with crude catapults, but 5.7billion is not a lot of taxpayer money to spend to cover his ass, in his mind.

America's Wealthiest Hemorrhoid is using government employees and their families as hostages, while trying to blame others for his narcissism's requirements. So damn disgusting, still haven't touched my breakfast. Imperious corruption of this flavor can really put a guy off his feed.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
BRB just going to set up a vaguely worded fundraiser mentioning building walls, immigrants, drugs, they took our jobs, and rape. Just need to find enough clipart of US flags, guns and eagles.

Troops, gotta throw the troops in there somewhere. Iwo Jima monument silhouette background FTW.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Nor surprised. I predicted this in an earlier post days ago. This explains how Trump got elected. His voters are such fools.

cfenton

Jul 27, 2015
What a scam. Thankfully GoFundMe doesn;t put up with scams like this.

Well, they allowed the campaign in the first place even though it was clearly nonsense. Even if they got the money, they had no way of getting that money to the government specifically for wall construction. I guess that doesn't make it an outright scam from the get-go, but it wasn't far off.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Is that the one started by the disabled vet?

When I happened to wander onto facebook--something I try not to do anymore--sure enough, someone was posting about this. Sadly, I knew some of the people responding to it, saying they were going to send money. All of the ones I knew are not well off financially.

People are living in such fear and anger over a made-up crisis that they are sending money they can't afford to lose to fund a wall that experts (and anyone who can appreciate logic) says won't work. These same people like to rail on government spending and "big government" haters. Fear is a powerful force, all that goes aside when you want big daddy government to protect you from the boogeyman. And in the end it all turns out to be a scam. Sad, and pathetic. Oh well, a fool and his money are soon parted, as the saying goes.

Reactions: dawp

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Trump's just brought in the age of the con man. You know, sociably acceptable.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Go Fund Me pages are just BS. I have yet to see one that I would donate to. But of course I am just a conservative asshole, FYGM kind of guy as per most on this forum.

I do donate to several charities that are confirmed to not skim 90 cents off a dollar for their own uses. I have done this for many years.
That last part is good. Good for you.

Reactions: nickqt

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
BRB just going to set up a vaguely worded fundraiser mentioning building walls, immigrants, drugs, they took our jobs, and rape. Just need to find enough clipart of US flags, guns and eagles.
Actually someone do this and put tiny tiny font at the bottom "all proceeds go to housing and feeding vulnerable immigrants" and donate the proceeds!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
I read that part of this gofundme crap experiment wasn't truly to fund a wall, it was to harvest email addresses, etc. And I read they harvested millions in this....potentially more lucrative than actual money.