2 years and $60,000 later

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
Originally posted by: nick1985
6 hours of oral? ouch...

:)

were you on the giving or the recieving end?
For $60k I hope it was receiving!
that is funny because Paulson and Brooks used to be banned. Brooks came back under a different name and wasn't banned. They just let Paulson back here and he became an Elite.
Who was Brooks?

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Codewiz
Originally posted by: ViRGE
Originally posted by: Colt45
Originally posted by: Rufio
whatever happened to grasshopper??

he was a pansy ass bitch, and then he got banned for being a lame pansy ass bitch.
More specifically, we found out he was a re-incarnated pansy ass troll, so as with the AT rules, all trolls are to stay banned.

that is funny because Paulson and Brooks used to be banned. Brooks came back under a different name and wasn't banned. They just let Paulson back here and he became an Elite.
It's a different case though, Grasshopper's alter-ego was a FS/FT troll, which is why he's banned for life. Paulson was only thrown out temporarily on bad behavior, and has since then improved dramatically.

WannaFly

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2003
congrats, troglodytis!! are you planning on going on to CFII or instrument? I'm doing ASEL right now, and hoping to eventually get to CFI stage for fixed-wing. Although, i wouldnt mind being turned to a rotorhead...heh

troglodytis

Golden Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: WannaFly
are you planning on going on to CFII or instrument?

i do have plans to get my intrument and CFII, but first i plan on getting paid to fly! :) i sooo look forward to getting $ in my pocket for raising the collective.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
6 hours of oral? ouch...

I'd love 6 hours of oral!!! :p

j/k That is awesome have a family friend who owns a 1/3 of a copter with 2 of his Nam buddies they just do it for fun and to keep their skills sharp :)

troglodytis

Golden Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
How much for my first lesson?

1 hour ground, 1 hour flight
$200

waitaminnit, you can get a helicopter CFI without having an instrument rating??

yep. we helicopters are funny like that. i'd look for that to change in the next 5-10 years.