2 Weeks of Pure Hell (Damn Colleges)

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Basically all you High School seniors out there know what I'm talking about. These colleges are real sons of guns, I'll tell ya that much. Most of the Ivies coming out April 1st, and the majority of other schools sending out letters all this week and next. Just pure torture coming home and wondering if you got that big ol' envelope in the mail, or the dreaded small envelope.

So all you HS seniors out there, who are you waiting on and what's your major? I'll start:

Carnegie Mellon: School of Computer Science, and CIT. Will be at my door by this Friday(mailed out Today).
Cornell: April 1st, 5:00PM EST. Boy is that web site gonna get killed.
University of Maryland: College Park: Who knows?

Major: Computer Science

Already Accepted:
Drexel
RIT
UIUC: Computer Science Department

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
If you think that's stressful, I don't know how the hell you are going to handle Carnegie Mellon.

I don't have a problem busting my ass to get work done and studying my brains out. That's not that stressful for me. Waiting on a decision that will impact greatly the rest of my entire life...that's stressful.

BHeemsoth

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2002
I am currently just waiting to hear from Northeastern.

I have been accepted to the following:
Bryant (35k in scholarships)
Bentley
UMASS
University of Rhode Island (20k in scholarships)

I am leaning towards attending Bryant.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Good luck on CMU. If you go there, perhaps we will run into each other sometime. :)

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
I applied early desicion to Rice. And got in.

I was done with the whole college thing before alot of my buddies even began sending out apps.

nyah nyah!

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
come on....that's bad experience! don't remind me of those :(

just keep in mind, you can always transfer.

BigPoppa

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BigJ
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
If you think that's stressful, I don't know how the hell you are going to handle Carnegie Mellon.

I don't have a problem busting my ass to get work done and studying my brains out. That's not that stressful for me. Waiting on a decision that will impact greatly the rest of my entire life...that's stressful.

The difference between RIT/Drexel/UIUC and Carnegie Mellon will be non-existant for your undergrad studies. Hell, i'd say stay in-state and goto your states largest public school. The cost of a private or out-of-state school is rarely worth it for undergrad studies.

It was a $26k lesson for me. I'll happily be back home fall semester instead of out-of-state at Georgia Tech.

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003
lol, you think it's bad now...wait until you're actually in college

AHSLADKHFSKDJHFKJ!H@PO!U@)!(U@)(JUDF)(JUF)OJ@LK@J!#K@(*#&REU WR(*)EW(F <- me

goblue420

Aug 29, 2003
hah, i got into U of Michigan Ann Arbor in less than 8 wks, i knew in early nov last yr.....moral of the story if college != ivy APPLY EARLY

cmdavid

Diamond Member
May 23, 2001
Originally posted by: LordMorpheus
I applied early desicion to Rice. And got in.

I was done with the whole college thing before alot of my buddies even began sending out apps.

nyah nyah!

congrats man, thats a tough school to get into...

Epiphany

Nov 15, 2002
let see..

ucla - rejected
ucsd - rejected
cal poly - rejected
waiting on berkeley.

geez, this is with a 1280 SAT 3.96 GPA 3 years varsity tennis and clubs and extracurriculars up the ying yang.