2 threads in 1: OW I BURNT MY FINGER and MY COMPACTFLASH WON'T WORK

simms

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2001
1:

I was soldering some connections onto a circuit board and I was using a soldering iron. In my absentmindness looking at the circuit I grabbed the wrong end of the iron. I can only type very slowly or else I make typos. I could smell my own rotting flesh, and right now it's a real pain to type.

2:

My 256MB CF card from crucial doesn't work. I try formatting it in my camera and it freezes the camera. I reformat it in windows and it can't format either. I can't record or take anything off - I got the card almost a year ago. How would I proroceed to take it to Crucial to get it RMA, or what should I start doing?

-Simon

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
1. Your finger is your fault. You made a SSE. Stupid Soldering Error. If you think it hurts now, wait 24 hours. :Q Good luck with that, Mr. 9-Fingers. :D

2. Crucial has a lifetime warranty on all their stuff. I'm sure their website has an RMA linky.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
was soldering some connections onto a circuit board and I was using a soldering iron. In my absentmindness looking at the circuit I grabbed the wrong end of the iron. I can only type very slowly or else I make typos. I could smell my own rotting flesh, and right now it's a real pain to type.
Did you grab your ear lobe???!!

isaacmacdonald

Platinum Member
Jun 7, 2002
lol.

yeah #1 has happened to me twice in the last year. ohh, wait let me just mov *ARGGGHHH F*CKING GOD YOU WHORE*. Not particularly pleasent right? Took my fingers about 1.5 weeks to heal completely. Hope your iron wasn't one of those crazy high wattage setups.

simms

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2001
Hopefully not either. I've got to wait it out, now it looks like a white puss ball.. I'd take pics but see #2.

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: simms
Hopefully not either. I've got to wait it out, now it looks like a white puss ball.. I'd take pics but see #2.

Get some Polysporin for that.

You do NOT want that to get infected. :)

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Damn this is very Serious People.

What will you do for your FAPPING pleasure now?:D

cherrytwist

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2000
While I worked as a welder (short lived profession btw), I was MIG welding and the red-hot wire pierced my leather glove and went directly into my finger. Felt as if it went to the bone (of course it didn't). Thing was so hot, no bleeding. Just pain.

Happened a couple of times actually.

fyleow

Platinum Member
Jan 18, 2002
I do quite a bit of soldering and I've not burned myself yet. *touch wood* I bet it must suck though

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
I have yet to burn myself soldering *Knock on wood* You don't have like a soldering stand? You would never grab the wrong end if you had one.

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
burned me finger with soldering pencil too. the skin turned pale yellow. luckily the are was quite small and healed quicly

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: simms
I know! I have virtually no use of my right hand!!!! :(

If you use your left, it's almost as much fun as cheating on your g/f.