2 Pieces of Wallpaper

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Those can't be in-game shots. They're beautiful but there's no way a PS2 will handle graphics like that.

Mar 22, 2002
Some parts of the background look out of place. For example, the tree to the left in the first picture. It looks like a picture of a real tree, but it doesn't seem to go with the rest of the graphics. The sky also looks like a real picture....

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
yeah I was looking at screens and I noticed they took several pictures of a mountain and then pieced them together sorta but didnt bother to try and match them similarly. oh well still looks badarse :)

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: MustISO
Those can't be in-game shots. They're beautiful but there's no way a PS2 will handle graphics like that.

I thought the WRX was real at first, and the tree in the first one made me re-think that maybe it was real too.

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: aplefka
Originally posted by: MustISO

I thought the WRX was real at first, and the tree in the first one made me re-think that maybe it was real too.

I'm sure they're real in game shots, but REPLAY shots. the replays always looked 10x better than gameplay.

edit: Hm... but being 1280x1024 makes me thing these were rendered on a dev playstation (since I don't think playstation can produce this resolution?

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
I have no doubt that GT4 will be the best looking PS2 game ever, but these are not actual in-game shots... Not in the least.

xEDIT409

Banned
May 17, 2003
I actually made both these Wallpapers.

They weren't originally 1280x1024.

The WRX was found here doing a Google Image search. I then just shrunk the image, and did a little cutting.

Then the Lancer was found here. It was 1280, but not 1024, so I just duplicated the sky with some Photoshop.

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Wingznut
Originally posted by: SSP
I cant wait for this game!!!

*drool*
I felt the same way... Until they nixed online play.

Now, I'm not even sure I'll bother.

They will release an online version later. I know it sucks that they removed it to meet the Christmas deadline, but I liked the previous versions for its control and handling, not the graphics or other reasons.