2 Los Angeles cops shot in an ambush

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
I respect your saying this, but that you even had to say it is a problem in an of itself...it should he a given that no one supports such a despicable act.
Is it not also troubling that we are accepting that becoming more like police officers means killing innocent people?

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Is it not also troubling that we are accepting that becoming more like police officers means killing innocent people?
It is troubling that our elected officials are incapable of enacting police reform, and instead humor irresponsible rhetoric and hyperbole that inevitably led to an assassination attempt on two police officers simply performing their lawful duty.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
You're going to be waiting a looooong time.

I fucking know I am. Still ill keep offering you the possibility to put yourself to the same standards you sling at the libs. Common Trumper, lead by example... HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH .. that was funny.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I fucking know I am. Still ill keep offering you the possibility to put yourself to the same standards you sling at the libs. Common Trumper, lead by example... HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH .. that was funny.

You are funny. :oops:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Right here you accuse another member of something insane.

So in your mind all cops need to be assassinated.

And right here you demand an apology from the same poster for using the phrase "you guys"

You need to provide a link for that, as I have never said it. You should either link it or apologize for a lying.

Would an honest man adhere to the same set of morals and ethics he holds others to?
And if he does not, what does that make him?
Do you understand what a rhetorical question is?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Right here you accuse another member of something insane.

And right here you demand an apology from the same poster for using the phrase "you guys"

Would an honest man adhere to the same set of morals and ethics he holds others to?
And if he does not, what does that make him?
Do you understand what a rhetorical question is?

Nice out of context and selective quotes....

:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I would however accept your apology for the "Ahmed Arbury must have done something? " comment.

Was curious about this, so went back and read the thread. He never claimed you said that. Go back and read a little more carefully.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I don't think @Starbuck1975 is not your enemy here, but he often ends up playing that role when he's cast in it. I think simple curiosity would take us further.
Appreciate you saying so, but what do you mean by curiosity?

As for this story, its a bit of a dead end because we don’t know the motivations of the shooter, but we can all acknowledge the depravity of the act.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

As for this story, its a bit of a dead end because we don’t know the motivations of the shooter, but we can all acknowledge the depravity of the act.

By curiosity I meant asking about what was assumed and asking about why you are thinking something. That I feel would be way more productive than assuming a position you didn't explicitly state and being antagonistic to you without wondering where your position comes from.

For example, you replied to me just now with curiosity.

You are someone, in my experience, that is willing to question yourself when prompted to do so in a non-attacking manner, and you are willing to share the basis of your opinions when given a fair opportunity to do so. I find that the important part of a conversation and not whether agreement in any way is accomplished. There are a lot of people I generally agree with whom I don't find contribute much relative to you despite the fact that I disagree with you frequently.

That is, of course, because we have accomplished a mutual respect. I personally believe all people are worthy of respect regardless of how they treat me, but I am far from perfect in meeting this ideal. I suspect we differ in this opinion, but feel free to correct me if this is not accurate.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

We don't know the motive for certain. However, we know it was a "Boogaloo boy" and we know some things about that group. Based on what we know, they are a far right anti-government group intending to start a second American civil war, and they are either white supremacist or just anti-government. So likely the shooter either wanted this to be blamed on black protesters, or just wanted to shoot cops because he's anti government.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
We don't know the motive for certain. However, we know it was a "Boogaloo boy" and we know some things about that group. Based on what we know, they are a far right anti-government group intending to start a second American civil war, and they are either white supremacist or just anti-government. So likely the shooter either wanted this to be blamed on black protesters, or just wanted to shoot cops because he's anti government.
Where are you finding reports that the Compton shooting is tied to the Boogaloos? I believe there were police murdered in NorCal linked to them but haven’t seen any reports on the shooter in LA.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I don't think @Starbuck1975 is not your enemy here, but he often ends up playing that role when he's cast in it. I think simple curiosity would take us further.

I wasnt gonna touch this but I am but an ape... So here I go.

This

I respect your saying this, but that you even had to say it is a problem in an of itself...it should he a given that no one supports such a despicable act.

In response to this

While I understand the responses of many of the posters in this thread pointing out the lack of timely and responsible oversight in the wake of several high profile shootings by police of citizens, THIS shooting was a despicable act that I cannot in any way support.

Casts the responses so far in this thread as being OK with murdering cops! Probably not what Perknose meant? There has been NO posts suggesting this was something a member supported. What there has been is a couple of posts cheek-in-tongue bothsiding it, cause, well, thats what usually happens the other way around.
*NO ONE* here supports it. Its evident. From the bodies of text that make up these posts of ours. If one can read!

NOW. Enter Bucky : "I respect your saying this, but that you even had to say it is a problem in an of itself...it should he a given that no one supports such a despicable act."

Casting EVERYBODY -and nobody in particular- as depraved morons supporting cop killing! - Off of Perknose's post.
I am sorry but that is some cowardly fake ass sanctimonious hypocritically dishonest BULL right there. These damned libs will fit this mold come hell or high water.... for reasons of deep psychological trauma - I'm sure.

On the other hand, If I misread StarBucks intent with this and he did NOT intent to reference the good folks of this thread, the I'll lie flat down and offer my humble apology.

Last edited:
Reactions: ivwshane

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

I cant find that info either, but googling for it I did find out that these boogaloo boys have a taste for cop killing... For reasons?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I cant find that info either, but googling for it I did find out that these boogaloo boys have a taste for cop killing... For reasons?

The right wing in the USA has a heavy anti government sentiment. They also are violent, committing 3/4 of domestic terrorism. The boogaloo crew is just another example of it.

• Wow
Reactions: cytg111

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Where are you finding reports that the Compton shooting is tied to the Boogaloos? I believe there were police murdered in NorCal linked to them but haven’t seen any reports on the shooter in LA.

You're correct. I transposed the other incident back in June with this one. My apologies. We currently do not know the motive for this attack.

Reactions: Starbuck1975

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
That's terrible. I hope they find the guy so he can be sentenced to paid administrative leave.