2 Los Angeles cops shot in an ambush

Nov 29, 2006
This isn't good. Hope they can figure out who did this. I know cops don't have a good image right now, but this isn't the way to go about this.They appear to be alive and wounded at the moment.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
When you do things like this, dehumanizing people who aren’t like you, you are no better than those who they dehumanize.

I get the cop hate but going after individuals doesn’t further the cause it furthers the divide.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I hope they catch the little POS and he gets the death penalty, carried out as soon as possible.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
according to other news reports they have id`d the person! The person is on the run!

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I hope they catch the little POS and he gets the death penalty, carried out as soon as possible.
California doesn't use the death penalty for attempted murder cases.

Unless you mean you want the police to extra-judicially kill the suspect like Trump cheered on earlier.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
California doesn't use the death penalty for attempted murder cases.

Unless you mean you want the police to extra-judicially kill the suspect like Trump cheered on earlier.

My mistake I thought that the police died...

No, that is not what I meant.

I do hope that they are held to the maximum penalty of the law however.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
When you do things like this, dehumanizing people who aren’t like you, you are no better than those who they dehumanize.

I get the cop hate but going after individuals doesn’t further the cause it furthers the divide.

Hey, I totally agree. The issue here is the LASD is one of the most corrupt departments we know about. There very well may be more to this story, but who knows it we will get the facts, or even close to the real truth.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
We have to wait for the investigation and all the information to come out. Were there any drugs in the cops' systems? Maybe they had just passed a fake $20 at the local bodega? Were they resisting citizen's arrest? These are all valid reasons for lethal force now.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
We have to wait for the investigation and all the information to come out. Were there any drugs in the cops' systems? Maybe they had just passed a fake $20 at the local bodega? Were they resisting citizen's arrest? These are all valid reasons for lethal force now.
They may not have been following directions.

Reactions: Meghan54

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
What happened before the recording started? Also we need to wait the requisite 3-5 months before any arrests are made.

Only going by past precedent since the killers of Breonna Taylor are still on the street

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

So do the riots that have been lionized as just peaceful protests. Cannot hide the smouldering ash, broken windows, looted stores, or violence on the streets.

Back and forth shootings is how political violence escalates. I do not want it, but once the mailed in election is contested I fear there will be no avoiding it.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Back and forth shootings is how political violence escalates. I do not want it, but once the mailed in election is contested I fear there will be no avoiding it.
Possibly, I saw a reporter interviewing a Trump supporter and he mentioned taking up arms as a last resort if Trump doesn't win.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So do the riots that have been lionized as just peaceful protests. Cannot hide the smouldering ash, broken windows, looted stores, or violence on the streets.

It's people like you conflating riots with peaceful protests. Most of us realize they are not the same

Nov 29, 2006
Possibly, I saw a reporter interviewing a Trump supporter and he mentioned taking up arms as a last resort if Trump doesn't win.

A friend of mine told me she heard some people at a restaurant in Kansas City metro area talking about the best source to buy machine guns "when the time comes to shoot some liberals", "and "some great pre-election gun sales going on right now". I trust her as she isnt one to lie. Scary.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think anyone is pretending the protests have been exclusively peaceful. The claims are that the protests are predominantly peaceful, which is the truth -- the beef is that Trumpists falsely claim they're largely violent. It's an attempt to delegitimize the protests by insisting they're fostered and dominated by extremists.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I don't think anyone is pretending the protests have been exclusively peaceful. The claims are that the protests are predominantly peaceful, which is the truth -- the beef is that Trumpists falsely claim they're largely violent. It's an attempt to delegitimize the protests by insisting they're fostered and dominated by extremists.

Not just predominately but rather overwhelmingly peaceful. Hundreds if not thousands of protests occurred all over the country. Very few had anything more destructive than graffiti. Mere fact. The rest is fear mongering.

Shooting people who are just sitting in their car is utterly wrong. The perp needs to be caught & imprisoned.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Buildings aren’t people.

Reactions: skyking