(2) GTX 570's or (1) GTX 590

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
I guess you would have to compare them yourself to find out if the increased response time on the IPS panel bothers you.

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
I guess you would have to compare them yourself to find out if the increased response time on the IPS panel bothers you.

That's just it, finding a way to test this out before you buy it is basically impossible...

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
Yeah I know the feeling... Does Dell have a return policy that would allow you to return within 30 days for any reason?

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
If that's the case you can buy it, give it a try for a few days, and if you hate it just ship it back. :D

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
I think, and it's actually cheaper at newegg...

Dell has a 25% off coupon for the U3011 right now, which should make it cheaper through Dell.

I would definitely get it from Dell because of their awesome return policy. Basically, if you don't like it and want send it back for whatever reason they will pay for return shipping and refund all of your money. If you want a replacement they will ship to you first and provide you with a paid return label for your monitor.

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
Dell has a 25% off coupon for the U3011 right now, which should make it cheaper through Dell.

I would definitely get it from Dell because of their awesome return policy. Basically, if you don't like it and want send it back for whatever reason they will pay for return shipping and refund all of your money. If you want a replacement they will ship to you first and provide you with a paid return label for your monitor.

You have to have a business account. I have a personal account but someone can't get a business account...DOH!

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
It may be because I have a personal account already with a pretty high limit...not sure.

Oh, you actually have a credit account with them? I just have a login. If you have an account with a rep you might be able to negotiate with them. IMO, the U3011 at full price is too expensive, especially considering they run the 25% off deal about once a month now.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Oh, you actually have a credit account with them? I just have a login. If you have an account with a rep you might be able to negotiate with them. IMO, the U3011 at full price is too expensive, especially considering they run the 25% off deal about once a month now.

Yea i would call them up, they love to work with you. I managed to get a full tower setup costing $2k (normally from dell) for $1,200 about $100 less then i could get it from newegg. :cool: and it came with a free monitor. (the only time i bought a dell desktop)