2 free donuts a day for the vaccinated

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Krispy Kreme, who has been giving 1 free donut a day to those who show their vaccination card, is going to give 2 free donuts a day to the vaccinated from 30 Aug through 5 Sep, 2021. This reverts sfter that to the 1 free per day until the end of 2021.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

SamirD

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2019
www.huntsvillecarscene.com
KK is a small donut, even so locally others are better, but not free.
Nothing like a KK donut--I've looked all over for better. They're not the largest so they're not dunkin's sizes, but enough that even at full steam I need a fork and knife to cut them in half to stuff each half in my face at a time.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I honestly don't know how anyone can stand KK, much less love them. I'm a donut fanatic-I travel a lot and always try to check out the local bakeries. When KK came to my state the hype was so big that the major four lane divided highway they were on was shut down due to the traffic they caused. About a year later they closed up due to lack of business and slinked away. I went three separate times-even making sure one time to get there when the red light was on and getting one right off the assembly line. To me they are small and almost pure sugar with little else.

Give me a local bakery just about any time, but it seems like these crappo national chains like KK and Dunkin are crushing them nationally.

Reactions: BD:)

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I honestly don't know how anyone can stand KK, much less love them. I'm a donut fanatic-I travel a lot and always try to check out the local bakeries. When KK came to my state the hype was so big that the major four lane divided highway they were on was shut down due to the traffic they caused. About a year later they closed up due to lack of business and slinked away. I went three separate times-even making sure one time to get there when the red light was on and getting one right off the assembly line. To me they are small and almost pure sugar with little else.

Give me a local bakery just about any time, but it seems like these crappo national chains like KK and Dunkin are crushing them nationally.

Yeah I would not even eat a free KK.

SamirD

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2019
www.huntsvillecarscene.com

They pretty much are just a sugar rush and have a unique texture that if you're looking for traditional cake doughnut or the other fried variety you definitely won't like. I remember when they were a small niche company and they had a lot, lot more variety. But someone decided they needed to be a bigger company and messed with everything except the core product--which they are discovering isn't for everyone. They'll probably go back to niche again and then introduce things like the cinnamon twist that I used to love.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Not the best donuts, but still good. Heck, free donuts is still an awesome thing.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Sugar industry, dentists, government, big Ag, doctors, diet fad artists, exercise equipment sellers, etc luv it when you eat donuts and similar other foods because it’s money in the bank and profit from problems. Like a bad mechanic screwing up your car to then “fix up” their own filthy conduct.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000

Yea, me too on the KK, IMO when you bite into one it's like biting into a ball of pure sugar somehow made to look and eat like a donut, there are two local spots that make awseome one's, I'm just too lazy to drive th 12 mile trip.