2 dead in Irvine, CA - Samurai-style sword incident

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dionx

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Originally posted by: iotone
my roommate said he saw he saw all the cops at the one on Irvine Blvd...

maybe that's the one??

thats what my friend's friend said also

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Guess no one read my post. :p

It's the one on Alton. News said it was an ex-employee with pscyhological problems on medication. Two employees died, and a few other people injured.

BuckNaked

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: DJ Fuji
OC Register has an article on it. Apparently the guy's name is "joe parker" from Santa Ana, a former employee of the store. Ten bucks says his current employment is at the post office...

I used to work at Albertsons distribution center in Southern California.... Remembering how that place ran, I am surprised it didn't happen sooner.... No disrespect intended to the victims...

huey1124

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2000
Originally posted by: OulOat
Originally posted by: Gunbuster
Facts:

1. Ninjas are mammals.

2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.

3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Dude, I heard that there was this ninja who was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon the ninja killed the whole town. My friend Mark said that he saw a ninja totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

i think the ninja is one of these guys in the picture

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: conjur
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919
conjur? are you citing a canadian news source?

was the first link I saw in the google news section. There are links there for USA Today, KABC, etc.

but you chose the canada.com link.

i'm...... touched.

:p

kami333

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2001
Can't be a samurai sword, with those things you can't more than 2 or 3 times before you have to clean off the blade.

DJFuji

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
I dont get the whole realultimatepower ninja site. Is the point really just to make people go "wtf??" or is there some obscure reference that i'm not picking up? Just about everything on the site is bogus, even the alleged "hate mail." What's the deal?

RyanM

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: conjur
news link

BAAAAAAAAAAAN SWORDS!

SWORDS CAUSE VIOLENCE! CRIME! SWORDS ARE EVIL!

rolleye.gif

DJFuji

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: Gr1mL0cK
Guess no one read my post. :p

It's the one on Alton. News said it was an ex-employee with pscyhological problems on medication. Two employees died, and a few other people injured.

OCRegister said it was the one off of Irvine & Culver. (3931 Irvine Blvd)

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
That's fscked. :Q

How did the two people die? Did he slash their throats or something?

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Mith
Originally posted by: Gunbuster
Facts:

1. Ninjas are mammals.

2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.

3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Ah, so you have REAL Ultimate Power do you?

I love to ride my motorcycle while playing my guitar and chopping off any person who MIGHT look at me....that is REAL Ultimate Power!

As for Kenshin....bloody OVA...very bloody OVA (HAven't seen the series) but I wouldn't be suprised if that guy was maybe imitating Kenshin and then all the sudden we have Mrs. Cheney and "Tipper" join forces once more to ban anime or whatever their wacko minds say so

Aug 23, 2000
My Name is conner MacLoud of the clan MacLeod, I was born in the highlands of Scotland in the year 1432. I am immortal, I cannot die.

HHEEEEEERRRREEEEE we are, we're the princeses of the universe.