2 card bonus bundle now available on Newegg

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
Was just looking at Newegg and say the "4 in 1" gaming bundle. If you add that to your purchase it puts 2x video cards in your cart with the "4 in 1" bundle plus 2x the "FC3, Crysis 3, and Bioshock" bundles. That would be 10 free games with 3 of them being duplicates to sell. ;)

CLICK "add to cart" to see the 10 games in your cart.

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009
Hmm, that's interesting.

Maybe that's why my local etailer sent me 10 game codes for my 7950 CFX bundle but that was a couple months ago and I live in a small country. They actually were kind enough to change one Crysis 3 for one Tomb Raider, so I got six single game codes and 4 doubles, which I gifted to friends left and right.

Personally I find it kinda ridiculous to spend 600 for graphics cards and then being cheap by asking for money for the spare game codes.

Last edited:

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
Shouldn't this go into Hot Deals instead? Anyway, crossfire is still buggy unfortunately: http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphi...ils-Capture-based-Graphics-Performance-Tes-12

"Where AMD has definite issues is with HD 7970s in CrossFire, and our Frame Rating testing is bringing that to light in a startling fashion. In half of our tested games, the pair of Radeon HD 7970s in CrossFire showed no appreciable measured or observed increase in performance compared to a single HD 7970. I cannot overstate that point more precisely: our results showed that in Battlefield 3, Crysis 3 and Sleeping Dogs, adding in another $400+ Radeon HD 7970 did nothing to improve your gaming experience, and in some cases made it worse by introducing frame time variances that lead to stutter."

P.S. Please don't be defensive about this. Some people don't know about the crossfire issues, so they should be aware of them before spending $700+, imho.

Last edited:

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
Shouldn't this go into Hot Deals instead? Anyway, crossfire is still buggy unfortunately: http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphi...ils-Capture-based-Graphics-Performance-Tes-12

"Where AMD has definite issues is with HD 7970s in CrossFire, and our Frame Rating testing is bringing that to light in a startling fashion. In half of our tested games, the pair of Radeon HD 7970s in CrossFire showed no appreciable measured or observed increase in performance compared to a single HD 7970. I cannot overstate that point more precisely: our results showed that in Battlefield 3, Crysis 3 and Sleeping Dogs, adding in another $400+ Radeon HD 7970 did nothing to improve your gaming experience, and in some cases made it worse by introducing frame time variances that lead to stutter."

We have threads in VC&G all of the time about bundles. What makes this one not belong here?

Crossfire being "buggy" is not what this thread is about. 2nd post and we're already going off topic. That's even worse than typically what happens around here. There are already threads discussing crossfire bugd, stutters, runt frames, whatever. Post there if you want to discuss that stuff.

This post is just because people had wondered how to get the crossfire game bundle because it hasn't been shown on Newegg before.